Review: Anyone else unsatisfied?

I think 'negative' remarks have been rubbing many people the wrong way. I of course want the game to be great. I didn't buy it on day 1 just not to write negative remarks. I waited till mid night to buy it. 50$ is still a expensive digital buy for me. I recall buying DBC14 for a similar price and I loved it. All my Support to the developer cause. Spend many hours playing career, completions, online etc. I've not put any review for DBC 17 yet.

I've noted before that people have the right to be angry or disappointed if they have paid for 50$ (2999 rs) for a buggy game. There are fan boys here waiting to bash or teach unlimited philosophy to the negative elements. Yeah, I've heard all about 'this game SHOULD been a early release access' whatever. But right now We are still stuck with a buggy game.

They will get very heated under the collar and it shouldn't be the way. I personally have found you good and very entertaining (in a positive way) and not as negative as some. I understand the frustration and it is very disheartening to play a game which needs patches, so I can appreciate were you are coming from. Everyone should have a coke and a smile... As long as we don't get sugar rush!

I think 'negative' remarks have been rubbing many people the wrong way. I of course want the game to be great. I didn't buy it on day 1 just not to write negative remarks. I waited till mid night to buy it. 50$ is still a expensive digital buy for me. I recall buying DBC14 for a similar price and I loved it. All my Support to the developer cause. Spend many hours playing career, completions, online etc. I've not put any review for DBC 17 yet.

I've noted before that people have the right to be angry or disappointed if they have paid for 50$ (2999 rs) for a buggy game. There are fan boys here waiting to bash or teach unlimited philosophy to the negative elements. Yeah, I've heard all about 'this game SHOULD been a early release access' whatever. But right now We are still stuck with a buggy game.
And to add to that they would attack you for just pointing out an actual flaw,of course i 'll be pissed if the game is not working the way it should.In their heads they are the saviors and protectors of sanity and cricket gaming itself by defending against every little criticism and it frankly is very annoying,i too want this game to be great and that won't happen without valid criticism.

And to add to that they would attack you for just pointing out an actual flaw,of course i 'll be pissed if the game is not working the way it should.In their heads they are the saviors and protectors of sanity and cricket gaming itself by defending against every little criticism and it frankly is very annoying,i too want this game to be great and that won't happen without valid criticism.
Who is defending against every little criticism? You agitate against those who you say put themselves forward as defenders of the game whilst you and likeminded posters put themselves forward as the so called guardians of truth. Valid criticism is one thing, just moaning on and on is another.....luckily I know that BA know how to distinguish between helpful feedback and whinging.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is defending against every little criticism? You agitate against those who you say put themselves forward as defenders of the game whilst you and likeminded posters put themselves forward as the so called guardians of truth. Valid criticism is one thing, just moaning on and on is another.....luckily I know that BA know how to distinguish between helpful feedback and whinging.

go through my posts and tell me where i have been whining.

Its not as simple ,there is whining, but there is also valuable feedback in some of those so called mindless whines too.
I have full faith in BA ,given there track record in providing support for their products,but to pretend that you are the only one who believes in BA and hence criticism from anyone else is just mindless whining is just being arrogant.
I don't really want to spend my time that i could have spend playing the game on these forums,trying to explain whats not working in the game ,just because i enjoy it.Its because i want this game to be better.
There are trolls here,sure but there are also people who actually are genuinely a little frustrated because the product they paid for isn't really in an enjoyable shape,and want that to change,why hold it against them??

Of course the patches won't happen over night ,but why not allow people to vent,after all these are the same people providing feedback in the bug threads ,which is helping BA at the end of it.

Last edited:
You talking to me? I'll have noooo problem.

hahaha, not you. But there's this amazing expert:p here who know about everything.. took my breath way

hahaha, not you. But there's this amazing expert:p here who know about everything.. took my breath way
I'm sure he's a sweetie to, no one knows everything. There're so many people with so many different opinions and all based on differing experiences. Reading through the posts is a joy We have to accept others will have different views. Although I do deplore the aggressive stuff and post whit and charm to counteract it and make them see the errand of their ways.

Back to "am I disappointed?"

Honestly I kind of am disappointed in the lack of depth to the replay value. This game is essentially just career mode which for someone like me who utterly despises T20 cricket that's a bit of a let down. I'm not sure if I should start a new thread on it or not but it really is barebones outside of the career mode and in some cases even a backwards step from 14. Such a shame.

Back to "am I disappointed?"

Honestly I kind of am disappointed in the lack of depth to the replay value. This game is essentially just career mode which for someone like me who utterly despises T20 cricket that's a bit of a let down. I'm not sure if I should start a new thread on it or not but it really is barebones outside of the career mode and in some cases even a backwards step from 14. Such a shame.
I did read on the Big Ant forum that they are looking at changing the club level game from T20 to something else. Their concern is not wanting games to go too long when you're just starting out so trying to keep a good balance. 40 over games could work and are fairly common. I'm pretty sure this comment was after patch 3 was released.

After club level you can choose not to join any T20 comps and focus on List A and First Class. You could almost play the game without playing in T20s although I'm not sure if the game balance would work, i.e. it would take longer to get skill points.

Edit: Link to post if anyone is interested: Career Mode - 50 overs, test from the start

Last edited:
I did read on the Big Ant forum that they are looking at changing the club level game from T20 to something else
I'm pretty sure this comment was after patch 3 was released.

That's great to hear. I, too, am very much not a T20 fan and would prefer to settle down and score (with a strike rate of something around 50-70/100 balls). It would be nice to have the option to not play this format.

I did read on the Big Ant forum that they are looking at changing the club level game from T20 to something else. Their concern is not wanting games to go too long when you're just starting out so trying to keep a good balance. 40 over games could work and are fairly common. I'm pretty sure this comment was after patch 3 was released.

After club level you can choose not to join any T20 comps and focus on List A and First Class. You could almost play the game without playing in T20s although I'm not sure if the game balance would work, i.e. it would take longer to get skill points.

Personally I find the entire concept of career mode just boring, that's just me though I'm clearly in the minority because the career mode was revamped to suit the loudest voices which is obviously fine. I do wish that the rest of the game wasn't so barebones though

Personally I find the entire concept of career mode just boring, that's just me though I'm clearly in the minority because the career mode was revamped to suit the loudest voices which is obviously fine. I do wish that the rest of the game wasn't so barebones though
Barebones in what way? I actually never play career mode but set up my own leagues although it is frustrating that the points allocation isnt working properly.

I agree I find career boring as well I prefer to play tour mode but that is just non existent at moment and now trying to get a competitive game out of AI is just not happening I can't believe so much is missing from DBC 14

Edit: Link to post if anyone is interested: Career Mode - 50 overs, test from the start

Mmmm I'm gunna have to call "bullsh!t" on this... I think they didn't have an option of going down the 50 over or 2 day club games because the xp points gained from match performance was broken, if the xp points were based on your performance by how many runs or wickets you got then it would of worked in any format. Say you got 200 runs in a 2day game and gained 200 batting points from the match, or you got 20 runs x10 in 10 20/20 matches and gained 200 batting points, how is that any different???Besides the fact you go in and out of the career mode main menu 10 seperate times to start a new game. You could probably say it would take longer for the 20/20 structure. These are the sort of things that sort of irk me, we're not mushrooms who get kept in the dark and fed sh!t... It'd be nice if sometimes game developers admitted there fault.

Users who are viewing this thread