ANZ Stadium for Ashes?

SCG or ANZ?

• Total voters

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
The SCG could lose it's Ashes test in 2011, the venue being switched to the ANZ Stadium (Host of the 2000 Olympics) It is being reported. But which would you prefer?

The History of the SCG or the larger ANZ Stadium?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Having been to both I'd have to say the SCG. Stadium Australia is bigger but so what; somewhat like the MCG it's lacking in soul. The SCG and the Adelaide Oval were amazing and I'd hate to see all that thrown away for a few extra quid.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Haven't seen cricket at ANZ so can only go with the history at the SCG. But I wouldn't be surprised if they shifted it, as the game is all about the money these days.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I would prefer the SCG but this way, more people have the chance of witnessing an Ashes test match live. I know for sure that I wouldn't want to miss an Ashes test match (if I had the chance to buy a ticket) because the stadium capacity is a tad low.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Haven't seen cricket at ANZ so can only go with the history at the SCG. But I wouldn't be surprised if they shifted it, as the game is all about the money these days.
NSW have been playing their Twenty20 games there haven't they?

For me the green roofs at the SCG are iconic. It's the image I have of Australian cricket. (Well that and Convicts!)

Robelinda

International Coach
I dont know, the low capacity of the SCG is always a problem. 85000 is nothing to sneeze at, that pretty big. I would love to see another ground in Australia get close to the MCG's crowds.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
It's only a problem for the coffers. I've not been to Australia, but one day I want to go see an Ashes test, and I want to go see one at the SCG. No interest in going to another ground quite honestly. I don't think you need 80000 people to have a good atmosphere, I think you just need to fill a ground with cricket fans and have a good match to watch (oh and a few cold ones!)

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
NSW have been playing their Twenty20 games there haven't they?

For me the green roofs at the SCG are iconic. It's the image I have of Australian cricket. (Well that and Convicts!)

Yea they have but I don't get coverage so still never had the chance to see it (thank you Sky sports!).

TumTum

International Cricketer
SCG is like Australia's national cricket ground, and it is so beautiful too, when you look at it you feel right at home.

I don't want cricket to be played in a huge stadium, it takes the relaxation out of it, and turns it into something like a bull-ring.

Robelinda

International Coach
Well its hard to knock it when it hasnt happened yet, i'm prepared to give it a go and see what happens. Like when Gilly first opened for Australia.....

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
One big ground is enough. It takes value out of the Boxing Day Test if another game is held at a big ground.

Robelinda

International Coach
Well the SCG has been a road pretty much all this decade, so ANZ couldnt do much worse. There has been decent results though, but its been pretty flat until day 5.

TumTum

International Cricketer
Well the SCG has been a road pretty much all this decade, so ANZ couldnt do much worse. There has been decent results though, but its been pretty flat until day 5.

Yeah SCG is flat till day 5, where all hell breaks loose, :D.

Australia had many memorable last minute wins there, I am a big fan of the SCG.

Users who are viewing this thread