ANZ Stadium for Ashes?

SCG or ANZ?

• Total voters

Bluebagger

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Can't wait for that! The atmosphere there is really great,should be good to see some sixes flying around!

No it isn't, the atmosphere is dull unless there are 70,000+ in the stadium - a half full SFS has better atmosphere than a 3/4 full ANZ.

Blues

School Cricketer
No it isn't, the atmosphere is dull unless there are 70,000+ in the stadium - a half full SFS has better atmosphere than a 3/4 full ANZ.
I thought this to but after experiencing the atmosphere at the Big Bash final last season I have changed my opinion. A good tight game will produce a cracking atmosphere at ANZ, of course if there is little to get excited about during a poor game the atmosphere will also suffer

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
ANZ to take on MCG in bid for World Cup

That is pushing it, they don't have the capacity advantage in this battle and it would be hard to find an advantage that ANZ has over the MCG.

Wtx, at first I thought you meant the FWC, but then the CWC!

No way that's gonna happen, they've haven't got enough history of hosting matches and it's not really a recognised international cricket arena.

I'd rather see it be hosted in Auckland over ANZ tbh.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Looks like another redevelopment for ANZ stadium with a roof being added.

798446-anz-stadium.jpg

Raising roof on Cup chances - World Cup Bid - Fox Sports

Would be good if they make the side on boundaries longer for cricket. The retractable roof will make it appealing for cricket though.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Wow that looks incredible! Not sure if the MCG can compete with that!

The retractable roof looks amazing, and also an increased capacity. Would be good for cricket games, perhaps night matches?

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Looks the sex. Hope its done for the sake of seeing Rugby League matches there if anything! haha

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Wow, that's incredible. But I feel sorry for the birds, they won't know what's hit them, literally.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Rofl! I despise the gulls at the 'G, but you've probably got it worse down at Bellerive than we do?

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Sydney's ANZ Stadium is to host one international Twenty20 match a year for four years beginning in the 2011/12 season, NSW Premier Kristina Keneally has announced.

Under a deal struck between the NSW state government and Cricket NSW, international matches in Sydney will be played away from the Sydney Cricket Ground for the first time, with the four international Twenty20 fixtures at ANZ Stadium expected to attract crowds of up to 80,000 each.

The SCG has seating capacity of 46,000.

The international clashes at ANZ Stadium could include Australia v India in 2011/12, Australia v South Africa in 2012/13, Australia v England in 2013/14, and Australia v India in 2014/15.

Aussie T20's move to ANZ Stadium - Australia - Fox Sports

Don't mind the move although a bit worried about the short boundaries. Our grounds are usually known to be long boundaries. But should be good to get 80,000 people for a cricket game in Sydney.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Wow, interesting move! I'm guessing it'll be the second game of a T20 series following the first game at the MCG?

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Eh, still don't like ANZ. The atmosphere just isn't good unless it's packed, and I struggle to see us getting 80k unless a whole ton of Western Sydney people get out to the game.

Looks like another redevelopment for ANZ stadium with a roof being added.

798446-anz-stadium.jpg

Raising roof on Cup chances - World Cup Bid - Fox Sports

Would be good if they make the side on boundaries longer for cricket. The retractable roof will make it appealing for cricket though.

It would be terrible for the ground if they made boundaries longer. You'd be even further away from the action at Rugby League and it'll hurt Australia's football World Cup bid.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
It would be terrible for the ground if they made boundaries longer. You'd be even further away from the action at Rugby League and it'll hurt Australia's football World Cup bid.
That's why they have those slidey stands.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
That Stadium renovation I hope will be done. It looks awesome IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread