ANZ Stadium for Ashes?

SCG or ANZ?

• Total voters

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Also, keep in mind that the 46,000 capacity is much higher than all the Test grounds in several countries and certainly isn't one of the smallest in Australia. People who really want to go to the Test tend to be able to get a ticket without camping on the street or dealing with scalpers.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
An ANZ Stadium spokesman said: ''Our focus is on Twenty20 and ODI because these forms of the game have a natural fit with the stadium as major events. In relation to Test cricket, that's up to Cricket NSW. We're happy to explore the opportunities as they arise.''

Ashes may be played at Homebush Bay - Cricket - Sport - smh.com.au

So really its all down to Cricket NSW, its not like the ANZ stadium people are trying to get the Ashes. The ideal case would be to give them some ODIs and T20 as that stadium is more suited towards that. Maybe not from the crowd point of view but it's a stadium that is used for those big night occasions.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Why doesn't SCG just get a re-developement. Just make the stands bigger, same old style roof, but more rows. Both the AFL and Cricket would be happy.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I Reckon even Adelaide Oval is getting re developed??
I found it while the FRC match between VB and SA.
But, I'm dissappointed..:crying:facepalm
I wanted to see a match at Adelaide Oval by sitting below the pavilion where players walk from audience.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Rofl. ANZ is the WORST ground for cricket. Would make Australian cricket the joke of the decade if we played an Ashes match there.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
118076870_2388bf923c.jpg

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Why doesn't SCG just get a re-developement. Just make the stands bigger, same old style roof, but more rows. Both the AFL and Cricket would be happy.

They already did some redevelopment last year or something close.
When you got the MCG in Melbourne they usually don't see the need to move matches to Etihad Stadium.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Not that it has been a real threat to the MCG, but Docklands has been a part of discussions in the past. The competition is there, if a major mistake were to be made.

Users who are viewing this thread