April 2 - India v Sri Lanka - The Final!

Kabooka

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ganguly's team was facing a tougher, in-prime Aussies.

Yup the Aussies were almost undefeatable (& gave us the most unexciting cricket to watch). But even then we got trumped on most of the occasions by South Africa, Sri Lanka & Pakistan. Also I feel that Yuvraj, Zaheer and Bhajji are now playing better than ever.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Ganguly's team allowed the present generation to dream of a WC win. Before that World Cup it was mostly pessimistic attitude. Since that WC, people have been optimistic, despite the 2007 fiasco.

It wouldn't be wrong to say that Ganguly-John Wright combo laid the foundation of the present team. They instilled the right winning attitude.

Before Ganguly's captaincy stint, Indian cricket was not doing all that well if I remember right.

chiranjitpathak

School Cricketer
Agreed with harishankar . Along with Ganguly-Wright pair i think Greg Chappell played a important it was under him Dhoni was nurtured .

Kabooka

International Cricketer
i think Greg Chappell played a important it was under him Dhoni was nurtured .

As much as I can remember Greg Chappel did lead to the downfall of Ganguly as well. Not to mention he had a sickening "I am the master of the Universe" attitude. From what I can see this theory is highly flawed because according to it Kris Srikanth becomes the best captain as S.Tendulkar was nurtured under him & Azhar the second best as Ganguly, Kambli, Dravid & Laxman were all brought into the team under his tenure as a skipper.

Users who are viewing this thread