Ashes-2023 England VS Australia 16 June-31 July

Even without those; Broad and Robinson banging it in at 79 mph is not as threatening as Wood at 90+.

The fact Stokes hasn't been doing this would suggest he's not close to full bowling fitness.
He's nothing like fit enough to bowl sadly,have absolutely no idea why Wood isn't playing when he can generate so much pace

I think they got stuck trying to have their cake and eat it too with the want to have Broad in for his classic Ashes spell, Anderson because he can get you swing like no other bowler (and also because he missed the last home series and this may well be his last one) and Robinson because he is arguably the best and most balanced pacer England may have at the moment.

I think they got stuck trying to have their cake and eat it too with the want to have Broad in for his classic Ashes spell, Anderson because he can get you swing like no other bowler (and also because he missed the last home series and this may well be his last one) and Robinson because he is arguably the best and most balanced pacer England may have at the moment.
Wonder, if Moeen can't play the next match, they might just bring Wood in and leave the slow bowling to Root and Brook.

Wonder, if Moeen can't play the next match, they might just bring Wood in and leave the slow bowling to Root and Brook.

I don’t think Mo was too bad all things considered but I’ve only been following the scorecard for at least three sessions now if not more. I like Rootalitharan as a spinner but I doubt he’ll be of much use once he starts getting hit on a flat pitch. I think they’ll also work on countering Brook’s medium bowling should it happen in the next game better.

I think the plan works if you have a pitch that can slightly aid the bowlers so that your bowlers get some usefulness from it whilst the Aussies don’t naturally get the same effectiveness and your side plays aggressive cricket with the bat to mitigate the potential lack of a number eight who would be considered more than a tailender in 2023. You then get on the field and try to get them all out in an equally aggressive manner before the lack of a holding spinner starts impacting the innings which is where a pitch that has a little something for the bowlers helps.
Post automatically merged:

That finished quickly

we have a real game on here

England lead by 7

Pretty much said so that the Aussie tail is horrible. Cummins batting for sixty two balls was definitely not on the cards and I’d say it’s something England should’ve not allowed to happen.

I don’t think Mo was too bad all things considered but I’ve only been following the scorecard for at least three sessions now if not more. I like Rootalitharan as a spinner but I doubt he’ll be of much use once he starts getting hit on a flat pitch. I think they’ll also work on countering Brook’s medium bowling should it happen in the next game better.

I think the plan works if you have a pitch that can slightly aid the bowlers so that your bowlers get some usefulness from it whilst the Aussies don’t naturally get the same effectiveness and your side plays aggressive cricket with the bat to mitigate the potential lack of a number eight who would be considered more than a tailender in 2023. You then get on the field and try to get them all out in an equally aggressive manner before the lack of a holding spinner starts impacting the innings which is where a pitch that has a little something for the bowlers helps.
Post automatically merged:

Pretty much said so that the Aussie tail is horrible. Cummins batting for sixty two balls was definitely not on the cards and I’d say it’s something England should’ve not allowed to happen.
Think Mo did what they wanted, but, like @Supreme General says he's picked up an injury. Hardly surprising when he's bowled more overs in a day than he did in months.

Morgan & KP have gone full retarded:

The Plan Worked! FFS! Who the fuc* doesn't know Lyon likes to play that shot? + Boland averages 05 with the bat not 35!

England bowling out the tail cheaply is something to celebrate. We genuinely have the worse record of bowling to tailenders in the last few years so we will say the plan worked if the tail doesn’t wag against us

Users who are viewing this thread