Ashes-2023 England VS Australia 16 June-31 July

I think Babar is currently a better Test batter than Khawaja, Head and Marnus

Don’t think he’s better than Ussie and Head, both of the latter have had some excellent performances in challenging conditions recently. Can only think of Babar’s Galle knock in a similar vein.

I’ll give you Marnus though just because I think he is vastly overrated.

EDIT - I reckon Head’s susceptibility to spin may just push Babar ahead if I think about it.

That was a great performance from Boland, a bit lucky but they all count.

Don’t think he’s better than Ussie and Head, both of the latter have had some excellent performances in challenging conditions recently. Can only think of Babar’s Galle knock in a similar vein.

I’ll give you Marnus though just because I think he is vastly overrated.

EDIT - I reckon Head’s susceptibility to spin may just push Babar ahead if I think about it.
I'll concede that Khawaja is on par with him on recent form. Head is a close call, but Babar is slightly ahead.
Babar also doesn’t get to play in SENA as much as batters from the Big 3

I'll concede that Khawaja is on par with him on recent form. Head is a close call, but Babar is slightly ahead.
Babar also doesn’t get to play in SENA as much as batters from the Big 3

It’s a bit of an apples to oranges comparison with all three of them really so boils down to what you rate/prefer more. Ussie plays in the most difficult position in the current era of tests which makes me rate him more in addition to him having conquered nearly all of his weaknesses resulting in a very well rounded batter. Head can do things neither of the other two can and win you a game in just a session but he’s also got a big question mark against him when he faces quality spin on friendly pitches and also plays in the most favourable position.

Babar‘s record may just be hurt because he is unlikely to play as many tests as even the Pakistani stars from years gone by. Those highway pitches aren’t going to help either.

I think if Khwaja goes in the first hour, whenever rain permits , England win

If he bats for three hours , I think the Aussies win

Whatever happens this is test match cricket at its best

Well I’m exhausted after watching that days play

I’ve just joined here as well . I love my cricket whoever is playing
Will admit I felt little in their innings until Broady got rid of Labuschagne & Smith. Felt like the atmosphere went proper quiet after missing that slip catch to Khawaja

With that spell from Broad, momentum has shifted back to England. Australia will definitely feel the pressure. So it's gonna be a terrific day 5 weather permitting.

Users who are viewing this thread