Ashes-2023 England VS Australia 16 June-31 July

I think that could be it for the day

Effectively 34 for 2 if you add the lead

Losing those two is hardly a surprise though so now the game starts with the middle order batsmen

I feel England will need over 280 and then that would be some target for Australia

I think that could be it for the day

Effectively 34 for 2 if you add the lead

Losing those two is hardly a surprise though so now the game starts with the middle order batsmen

I feel England will need over 280 and then that would be some target for Australia

Target looks an absolute mile away especially when your openers can't survive a tricky 30 min spell

Last edited:
Target looks an absolute mile away especially when your openers can't survive a tricky 30 min spell
That is nothing new for England mind.

The game starts now with the middle order .

Been like that for years even before Stokes as captain

Nicely poised. However, Australia might have the advantage of momentum with them. They still have to get the core of the England team which is its strength.

Also, after watching the highlights not sure why Crawley stood his ground in both innings inspite of having known he has nicked it on both occassions.

A lot of people underestimating the effect of the weather I think. Seems like it’ll be warm/sunny today, so can expect a bit more like 1st inns, though probably Aus will attack more with Lyon. The conditions yesterday after the first rain break were nothing like at any point in the match… England only losing 2 was a good result for them.

Aus probably happier of the 2 right now, but a good first session for England in good weather and they’re nicely set up

Root in circumspect mood this morning
Post automatically merged:

Sunshine all day and gloomy skies tomorrow morning would be good

Great players look at the fielders - KP

What the fu*k other players do?

Well it appears England are setting out to score at 5 an over

68 lead

root is ramping fours and a six with the keeper coming up when Boland bowls

they’ve put 38 on already in 16 mins of play

Great players look at the fielders - KP

What the fu*k other players do?
The point he was making was that most players look around and keep track of where the fielders are, but better players look around and see where the gaps are.

The point he was making was that most players look around and keep track of where the fielders are, but better players look around and see where the gaps are.
Well how do you look at the gaps without looking at where the fielders are. A gap by definition is where the fielders are not

Well how do you look at the gaps without looking at where the fielders are. A gap by definition is where the fielders are not
To pretend there's no psychological difference is silly.

It's the difference between a footballer looking at a defender and thinking "ah no, I've got to get past him" or looking at the open space down the wing and just absolutely booking it. It's the difference between a golfer seeing a bunker and thinking "I need to make sure I avoid that" versus looking down the fairway and thumping the ball that way. It's the difference between a batter playing a cover drive and thinking "I've got to get it between those fielders" versus knowing where the gap is and aiming for it.

The average player is thinking about what can go wrong; the better player is thinking about what can go right.

Users who are viewing this thread