Ashes Cricket 2009 v1.1 Open Beta 2

i know this isnt the right thread buy i cant find them anywhere so i will ask here lol. I just want to know if any of you guys have stats for plzyers who are not on ashes cricket 2009 such as:
onions
denly
bresnan
trott
bond
paine
mohamed aamer
if any of you do it would be much appreciated if you could post them on to the thread for me thanks

How AI compairing to beta 1?
I've only managed 1 complete innings in an Ashes test on beta 2 but I was a little disappointed to get quite a few runouts in the middle of their innings. They started well (If a little slow) but then suffered a few suicidal runouts followed by Swann and Panesar absolutely destroying the tail. Was a little unhappy when Mitchell Johnson was replaced after one tight over by Hauritz when they bowled. Although my unhappiness was of course dispelled when I proceeded to score freely against Hauritz unsurprisingly. Having said that, the AI did manage to score more than it had previously in other versions against me.

Last edited:
Trouble is, they also sped up the catches far too much for Beta 2 as well as, amazingly, fiddling with the edges and frequency of edges, which was spot on in Beta 1! Did anyone complain about the edges in Beta 1? I don't remember anyone complaining, so why change them? 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it!'

None of these things you describe were touched at all. In fact, anything we've done has only been in response to requests and feedback. The things that were changed that could affect this is the bounce of the ball, which we changed so that good length balls didn't clear the stumps, which was (rightly) requested by barmy, lazy etc, or changes to power fall off curves. Everything affects everything when it comes to game play tuning, it's quite a challenge. To re-iterate, here are the only other changes we made to single player between Open Beta 1 and Open Beta 2:

• The difficulty of normal mode batting is now harder than in Open Beta 1 (now half way between normal and hard in Open Beta 1).
  • Fixed an issue with bowler's stamina.
  • Adjusted the power fall off curves for lofted shots.

Perhaps it's caused by the falloff changes affecting edges produced by attempted lofted shots impacting on this, making them less powerful. There were a lot of comments on this, so we were addressing concerns that were raised about poorly timed lofted shots being too powerful. Perhaps we should we consider reverting these changes for the benefit of edges?

Edit: Actually now that I think about it, I think the ball bounce was changed just prior to Open Beta 1, not 2, I'll check it against our revision history. Changes to edges must therefore be caused by power falloff curve or timing window changes.

Last edited:
Umm no, I don't kiss boys. Now, if they were P.C. girls on the other hand... ;)

Mate, did you ever play Cricket 07? Awful, wasn't it. But when these guys got their hands on it, they actually turned it into a reasonably playable game. That's just one of the many reasons why they're liked so much.

MasterBlaster76 added 3 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

Both of which were in Beta 1. It's slightly frustrating: all they had to do from Beta 1 - Beta 2 was:

Fix the bowling stamina
Stop AI leaving the ball and getting bowled too much
Reduce power of 'poor' lofted shots

(which they did).

Trouble is, they also sped up the catches far too much for Beta 2 as well as, amazingly, fiddling with the edges and frequency of edges, which was spot on in Beta 1! Did anyone complain about the edges in Beta 1? I don't remember anyone complaining, so why change them? 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it!'

So, since they have undone some of the good work done in Beta 1, they need to reimplement it in the final patch.

Well to be honest I dont think the edges in the beta 1 were quite spot on, their frequency I mean. I hardly ever get edges in my games and I know which areas to bowl and I use a lot of variation. Yet I have not ONCE had a chance going to the keeper, not even one. I get edges once in a while to the slips but rarely any edges within the first 10 overs of the game which is a bit ridiculous. There needs to be more thin edges and play and misses from the AI on hard mode. Havent played on any of the other levels so not sure how they work.

So hopefully, like the other dude said, make edges more frequent because all the AI does is block, leave of hit the ball to the covers and gets caught.

Last edited:
None of these things you describe were touched at all. In fact, anything we've done has only been in response to requests and feedback. The things that were changed that could affect this is the bounce of the ball, which we changed so that good length balls didn't clear the stumps, which was (rightly) requested by barmy, lazy etc, or changes to power fall off curves. Everything affects everything when it comes to game play tuning, it's quite a challenge. To re-iterate, here are the only other changes we made to single player between Open Beta 1 and Open Beta 2:

• The difficulty of normal mode batting is now harder than in Open Beta 1 (now half way between normal and hard in Open Beta 1).
  • Fixed an issue with bowler's stamina.
  • Adjusted the power fall off curves for lofted shots.

Perhaps it's caused by the falloff changes affecting edges produced by attempted lofted shots impacting on this, making them less powerful. There were a lot of comments on this, so we were addressing concerns that were raised about poorly timed lofted shots being too powerful. Perhaps we should we consider reverting these changes for the benefit of edges?

Edit: Actually now that I think about it, I think the ball bounce was changed just prior to Open Beta 1, not 2, I'll check it against our revision history. Changes to edges must therefore be caused by power falloff curve or timing window changes.

Leave the lofted shot power low IMO. Modifying the timing mechanism seems better. It should be easier to time defensive shots, and more edges with ill timed attacking (and lofted) strokes.

are you people aware of the bug when the batsman tries to play an advance shot and sometimes he missed it then the batsman doesn't move back to the crease no matter how much you try.
i played some matches online now with new beta
and i lost more than 10 wickets till now like tht

Yeah , I noticed this in BETA 2 as well. Im sure itll be fixed .

I remember in a game i advanced & the ball fell right at my feet, the cheeky bowler ran upto my feet picked up the ball & passed it to the keeper , who in turn stumped me !!

Im sure this has been discuss elsewhere i just wasnt able to find it but what measures have been taken to prevent online quiters? are our stats saved?
And are you able to tell before you start a game what your opp ping is?

Im sure this has been discuss elsewhere i just wasnt able to find it but what measures have been taken to prevent online quiters? are our stats saved?
And are you able to tell before you start a game what your opp ping is?

:doh You can come out from underneath your rock now! :doh

The have a five star match completion rating, that goes down everytime you quit a game :)

:doh You can come out from underneath your rock now! :doh

The have a five star match completion rating, that goes down everytime you quit a game :)

...ok well just before i do crawl home that doesnt really fix anything as most ppl who experience lag will quickly quit before the first over is finished with the star system they will now be punished for what i believe is the polite thing to do

...ok well just before i do crawl home that doesnt really fix anything as most ppl who experience lag will quickly quit before the first over is finished with the star system they will now be punished for what i believe is the polite thing to do

Lag has been fixed as well, unless you are playing someone from Antarctica on 56K.

Darn! That puts me out of the running! (throws another penguin on the fire...):)

Nooooooo..... .Dont burn the Penguins, Eat them

s-BABY-PENGUINS-large.jpg

You can see a colour coded ping before you start and quitting before the end of the first over is unpunished.

Personally if AI shows some sort of fights in the matches i will be more than happy to play the game.

Users who are viewing this thread