Ashes Cricket 2009 v1.1 Open Beta 2

Well i hear console patch to be released sometime in november now which is annoying but for pc users still sometime this month.

maybe its delayed bcoz they want to release them all at the same time, so no one is left out.

doubt that, they didnt do that for the demos, or even the initial release of the game was staggers in AUS. Ps3 first then xbox then wii

OMG

I am so sorry guys....i said yesterday as a joke that patch is coming tomorow and i saw it on codies website. i had to leave work after i wrote that and didnt get a chance to say that it was a joke...but now i see everyone went on to codies site to look for the info...i still think its funny but very sorry if i upset anyone:) . I have no idea when the patch is coming.:noway

April Fools was a long time ago... ;) :p

But dick-head of the month is still up for grabs.:D:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it very strange when people say this. I time the ball by pressing the button when I think the bat and ball will meet sufficiently to play the shot properly; certainly not when the ball has just left the bowler's hand (sometimes I hit it for four, sometimes I don't time it, sometimes I edge it - bit like real cricket, really. :)
It kinda sounds like the timing you'd use in EA Cricket for advancing, but in this game, being that early shouldn't work at all. Sounds like he's got huge framerate or input lag issues.

im pretty annoyed as i was really looking forward to the xbox 360 patch but as long as when its released it is up to scratch then the wait would have been worth it i guess and anywayz i will enjoy reading reviews and feedback on the final pc patch untill then.

Bit gutted at the delay too, being a gamesplanet buyer. I hope they release it soon otherwise Ashes 2009 will get relegated with the arrival of Dragon Age and the inability to resell a download means I won't go down that path again.

The main reason I am peeved is that Ashes offers so much but screws up in a few critical areas. Anyway, fingers crossed that the bugs get sorted and I remember to actually look for a patch in a month or so.
Despite the bitching and the fact I have been unable to try a beta, I must say I am grateful for the patch. I still reserve the right to bitch and moan though.

Last edited:
im pretty annoyed as i was really looking forward to the xbox 360 patch but as long as when its released it is up to scratch then the wait would have been worth it i guess and anywayz i will enjoy reading reviews and feedback on the final pc patch untill then.

Have you got a stutter ?

As others have said, shame about the delay, but i'd rather that than a bodge job.

Have you got a stutter ?

As others have said, shame about the delay, but i'd rather that than a bodge job.

Have i got a stutter, huh??

Na the main reason im gutted is cause i had really high hopes thats it was coming this month, but now i hear its sometime november hopefully early november. But if theres not a date for the 360 and all console patches then maybe late october still a possibility ??

This patch is needed badly. The game is pretty much unplayable at the moment.

idont play my 360 version anymore as it really is unplayable just gonna wait for patch.

I don't blame ya. I played a test match today and the two openers were batting sensibly, but as soon as i got rid of them, batsmen 3,4,5 started slogging like crazy.

Now from the scorecards i've seen from people using the betas, batsmen 3,4,5 and even lower bat sensibly and their strike rates are not to bad either so it looks promising.

yes i agree the batsmen 3,4,5 ect went crazy and slogged ridicuousy stupid and this is a test match you wouldnt even bat this way in a t20. People now say that the spinners are more effective, but when i used to play test matches fair enough the ai used to smack my spinner for 4s and 6s quite often but i would get 5 wicket hauls with him every game and would always win by an innings on hard. I used to do offspin wide and they would attack and edge to slip, sometimes i even picked up 10 wickets just with swann it was stupid and waay to easy for hard mode. All i had to do was bowl in the same area everytime, thats just not how it should be you should have to mix your bowling up a bit.

As ive read from feedback the game is very very good now cant wait for 360 patch.

Didn't you post that already? :p
Possibly too late? I'm sure Rob will see your post but it's things that like that cause delays ;)
Is it really as critical as you're making out? Think maybe you've been unlucky as others don't seem to be flagging it up.

I wonder if there would be a way for TG to set up some specific tests, where they get the AI to bat the ball at the non striker under Beta 2 and see what happens? That way, we'd know for sure whether I've just been unlucky, or whether there is actually an issue with drives that hit the non striker leading to easy runouts. I mean, yesterday it happened about four times in one innings, most of which led to dismissals. No sign of the 'old style' AI runout bug, the one where they'd often go for a run when the keeper had just received the ball!

If it is an issue, I'd have no problem with the patch being delayed, if it meant it'd be fixed, and I'm sure most people here would agree.

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

I don't blame ya. I played a test match today and the two openers were batting sensibly, but as soon as i got rid of them, batsmen 3,4,5 started slogging like crazy.

Now from the scorecards i've seen from people using the betas, batsmen 3,4,5 and even lower bat sensibly and their strike rates are not to bad either so it looks promising.

In my opinion, thanks to Beta 1 (and to a lesser extent, Beta 2), it's now the best cricket game around. You're in for a treat when you get the patch. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread