Ashes Cricket 2009 v1.1 Open Beta 2

hey guys, i know transmission games has been shut down but could anyone create a ps3 patch and make it available for download so that it can be copied onto a ps3 using a usb stick or something? i know it is unlikely but the game has soo much potential is those little bugs and glitches can be ironed out. it is a sad day for future cricket games because transmission has closed down

No chance of a 3rd party patch for the PS3.

That said, it's so early right now, we just don't know what might happen over the next few days/weeks.

why cant there be a 3rd party patch?
Copyright issues, etc. Since it was created by transmission games and published by codies, only they get to patch it!!

then why can it be done on pc?

Because the patches are made without the consent of the developers on PC. You cant make a patch on console without written consent from the developers and the console companies.

Because the patches are made without the consent of the developers on PC. You cant make a patch on console without written consent from the developers and the console companies.

How the heck can you make a patch on a console anyway? Unless you happen to be the developer, or have one of the special consoles they use for designing games.

why cant there be a 3rd party patch?

[smartassreply]Gift me a PS3 Dev Kit, 5 Years ...... TADA half working PS3 patch right at your doorstep :) [/smartassreply]

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm that the patch will no longer be released?

TG had done there bit it was sent off to certification process thingy so i think its in codies hands

TG had done there bit it was sent off to certification process thingy so i think its in codies hands

Well come on codies do the do's and release the patch! its not as if it can be worked on is it. We will be grateful even if some glitches have been fixed.

Codemasters

Why dont we all email codemasters then and ask what the situation is?
I have already done this but the more people who email them the better.
I am going to send them email after email untill they are totally sick of me.

Last edited:
don’t you guys think we are being just a bit opportunistic if we go on and on about this so call patch. don’t get me wrong, i love to see the patch and enjoy the game but real people who gave us the game just lost their jobs... come on guys

well im 95% sure that TG were finished with the patch but, i wouldnt count on this till confromation. I spoke with darkboyblunder Last week in messaging and he said enough is enough its time to release the patch so they were obviously finished at this point and a last bit of testing was done by alioz on sunday i think it was then sent off to be put through the certification process, so it all seems to be in codies hands now which is good news really.

But cmon lets not forget that if this is true its all down to TG so i thank them once again for there great work and my thoughts are with you all and im sure with the great potential you have a job will find you in a short time.

Giggs11 added 3 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

don?t you guys think we are being just a bit opportunistic if we go on and on about this so call patch. don?t get me wrong, i love to see the patch and enjoy the game but real people who gave us the game just lost their jobs... come on guys

I completely understand what your saying mate, im gutted about the loss of TG they were all great guys and if the patch was still in there hands i would say nufin about it, i would leave it for aleast a month so they could get back on there feet cause there are still some selfless people on this forum who clearly dont understand the situation and all the hard work that they have done for us and shown us all massives of respect which they deserve back. Im pretty sure tho TG have done there job and now its in codies hands so lets all take the time to thank them very much.

Users who are viewing this thread