Ashes Cricket 2009 v1.1 Progress Update

Hehe, it was only alioz and myself, he only played for about an hour on xbox, but everything seemed fine. It'll undergo thorough QA thus week.

This was DBB's last post. Sound's like he had no idea that the company would shut down over the weekend. I highly doubt he was able to do the QA.

Far as I am concerned that patch is done and dusted, its not coming. If it does, I'll just consider it a massive bonus, but I am most definitely not expecting it.

so its pretty pointless of me keeping hold of ashes cricket 2009, i thought there was going to be a patch for fixing all the bugs....i might aswel trade it in,

Ok, I have some news from Jamie at Codemasters. Not going to answer many questions but it reassures us they're still on it...

Jamie Firth said:
Just an update to say that there is currently no update.

I’ve been noticing a few posts getting irritable: Apologies, but here’s the situation: we’re still doing our best to come to a resolution. It’s an INCREDIBLY complex business and although, as posts have suggested, the first priority is making sure all our guys are OK, we’re also trying to work a way to get the patch out to you guys. This has been a terrible blow to all of us, as I’m sure you can all appreciate, but we’re doing all we can to make sure that it isn’t a devastating or irreversible one.

Why no contact then? Why can’t I “take 10 minutes out to tell you what’s happening?”: Well, put bluntly, I’m not willing to confirm that the patch is still coming when I can’t GUARANTEE it, and I’m certainly not willing to confirm that a patch I desperately want to get out there ISN’T coming until I have exhausted all potential ways to make it happen.

It’s a lengthy process. And we’re (Codemasters) not at a solution yet. But some wheels are still spinning. We’re still reading the forums. And we’re still working as hard as we possibly can, 100% committed to finding a solution I promise you.

Well at least time has been taken to tel us where everyone is at in the patch situation and well im satisfied if there doing everything they can and well thats all they can do so...

Thanks BarmyArmy and Jamie for keeping us informed and I hope all is well and that the future may continue to be bright for all concerned.

So it might happen, it might not happen. The Yin and the Yang, all is well, yet the ████ might still hit the fan.

Personally love this game patch or not and will continue to play online till I die, or the next cricket game on ps3 is released.

well, you hav to say they could just forget about the patch talk. but they are trying, so thats not sooo bad

Sounds like a load of spin to me, didn't Rob state that the patch was finished and just needed to have it okayed by the right channels?? Can't precisely remember what he said and can't be arsed trying to locate the post. If that was the case and I have no reason to disbelieve him then why has it taken a further several weeks for Codemasters to give a statement to say it may be out but it may not???
So basically a statement that tell's us nothing, you should go into politics Mr Firth or maybe I'm just ungrateful!!

I'm surprised he didn't add " We have managed to port the patch only to the Wii version for the moment" in an attempt to get us to buy the game for a second time on a different console only to find it's exactly the same piece of turd.
I honestly feel like getting all rockstar like and hoofing my television out of the window every time I see the ad trying to flog this half baked product

Last edited:
If the patch found issues in the QA stage, who is there to send it back to to get them fixed up? Even if it was 'finished' that doesn't mean that it meant that was all that needed to be done.

The patch has been tested by people from here for weeks, okay it may not be the finished product they were aiming at but by all accounts it was a major improvement so just release the damn thing. As for these legalities, what are they exactly as I cant see there being toomuch red tape holding back the release of something that improve's their own product, never had such a wait such a long time for a patch in the Football Manager series for instance and they would have far more legalities to deal with surely??

Hopefully it will be ok, but if Codemasters have found problems with the 'final patch' then we're screwed basically. :(

I appreciate how they have now spoke out and gave us an idea of the situation, but how long till we hear from them again??? months?? It would have taken less than 5 minutes to write that report surely, can we not have a weekly update??

Users who are viewing this thread