Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Honestly, I don't even think it's his call to make...

Agreed. I think they have gone into batten down the hatches mode, take the flak for not saying anything, people will get bored of it and then come out in a sustained, short but effective campaign four weeks out from release......personally I would have done it differently but that aint my job.

It is at least good to see cake being given the support it deserves......

Totally agree. Theory: I think they're pushed by the deadline that might have crept up a bit quicker, possibly by some BigAnt pressure, rather than move the date, they're knee-deep in finishing the game to not miss the "Ashes Window" where the talk will be at the highest momentum. I'm just speculating. That combined with the licensing terms, team changes and whatever else goes on in cricket game development. They've got their hands full and snapping off finished screens isn't top priority.

Either way screenshots or not, it's not going to make all that much difference as the "Ashes" brand won't be top of mind until our Kiwi lads have flogged the Brits at home, then those UK folk will need simulated cricket stimulus to get their "win" on and BAM... Ashes Cricket fills that defeat void :D

Totally agree. Theory: I think they're pushed by the deadline that might have crept up a bit quicker, possibly by some BigAnt pressure, rather than move the date, they're knee-deep in finishing the game to not miss the "Ashes Window" where the talk will be at the highest momentum. I'm just speculating. That combined with the licensing terms, team changes and whatever else goes on in cricket game development. They've got their hands full and snapping off finished screens isn't top priority.

I thought there is a separate department for Marketing, which had nothing to do with the development team! I mean, I really cant comprehend the fact that a person responsible for developing the code and thus finishing the game would also be asked to take screenshots, possibly photoshop them, and then release them all over. Since a playable code is already available with the marketing team, I would assume it would be them who would be recording the video. editing it to make it more exciting and then release it all over.

I guess its different for a cricket game :D!

When I asked the chief on twitter about the screenshots/gameplay trailer all he said was they'll be out "soon".but this wait is really kiling now,hats off to the 505 marketing team.

Angad Of course there's a separate marketing department. It's probably even outsourced. Not sure what that has to do with anything, but yeah... I wasn't actually insinuating the guys writing the code press windows-prt sc :rolleyes

....as the "Ashes" brand won't be top of mind until our Kiwi lads have flogged the Brits at home, then those UK folk will need simulated cricket stimulus to get their "win" on and BAM... Ashes Cricket fills that defeat void :D

True facts.

Fixed that for ya.

Well yes - a game is the only place England will beat the Kiwis to win the Ashes.

Speaking of Ashes wins - I asked a while back before the game was fully locked down, but now that it should be - who wins an Ashes series simulated in game?

:spy
not quuuuiiiiite the angle I was going for...

Speaking of Ashes wins - I asked a while back before the game was fully locked down, but now that it should be - who wins an Ashes series simulated in game?

Obviously it will vary every time you do it, but I just ran through one and noted down the results for you:

Trent Bridge - England win by 95 runs
Lords - Draw - Rain delays. :-(
Old Trafford - Draw after BIG first innings total from Australia over 2 days.
Durham - England win by 129 runs.
The Oval - England win by 299 runs. A spanking.

Compton probably man of the series: some big innings. Anderson and Swann the bowling stars. Clarke scored a lot of the Aussie runs (as you'd expect.)

Lords - Draw - Rain delays. :-(
Now I think everyone should believe you when you talk about the game's realism. Thanks!

You say 'probably' man of the series - is that not something the game keeps track of and gives you?

Now I think everyone should believe you when you talk about the game's realism. Thanks!

You say 'probably' man of the series - is that not something the game keeps track of and gives you?

No: I ascertained that.

I think I discussed this before somewhere: it's a very subjective thing. MOTM is a very difficult thing to properly judge. Like one big innings well beyond expectation (Monty - Cardiff 2009) is sometimes more valuable than a strike bowler who took 8 wickets (as they should be doing).
Very complex thing to work out through hard numbers...

Users who are viewing this thread