Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Hey chief you must have played the game yourself. Can you share your best score in a fifty or twenty over match on hard difficulty?

AI v/s AI or the Autoplay feature from previous games gave a good result anyway. Can you share a similarly detailed 5day match that was played by a human v/s the CPU?

An innings at a time.

So how could you possibly know that the scoring rate was slow at particular stages in a teams innings and that a team was a certain score at the end of a session?

OK: I've done the Lords test - This was AI vs AI with no human intervention, with default teams.

Lord's.

Day 1:
Weather cool, wind gusty, OVercast (the conditions outside my window this morning!)
England win the toss and bat.
After an early wicket, a good recovery sees them reach 283/7 at the close.

Day 2: weather has much improved and is quite bright.
England lose all 3 wickets in the first 10 overs, but reach 306 all out.
NZ Reach 202 at the close, 6 wickets down.

Day 3: Weather stays bright.
NZ reach lunch having put on another 90 for 3 wickets, but lose their last wicket just after lunch still 7 runs behind: 299 all out.
England end the day on 140-2

Day 4: Again, weather good.
England score steadily through the whole day, declaring late in the day on 382-5.

Day 5: Weather STILL good (this is getting MOST unrealistic!)
New Zealand score steadily to begin with, but lose wickets. By tea they are 8 down, the run-rate is slow, and are all out with 20 overs left to go for 209.

England won by 180 runs.

Awesome!!! Now these are the kind of posts I love :D!! I remember when IC2010 was released, a few members got it earlier than most of us and used to post their scores, some eventful occurences and impressions.....good old days :D!!

Thanks for this chief....the play looks pretty realistic to me :cheers:

You can view session by session.

Thanks Chief. Having played the game yourself, are you seeing similar results as with simulating? I.e. Games having realistic scores and going into a fifth day?

----------

Awesome!!! Now these are the kind of posts I love :D!! I remember when IC2010 was released, a few members got it earlier than most of us and used to post their scores, some eventful occurences and impressions.....good old days :D!!

Thanks for this chief....the play looks pretty realistic to me :cheers:

Dont forget these are simulated scores, not played scores.

If the ai is near this then good times coming next month, still if the ai is only a small improvement then the rain will help get some 5 day tests and draws.p.s Cake.:cheers

Thanks Chief. Having played the game yourself, are you seeing similar results as with simulating? I.e. Games having realistic scores and going into a fifth day?

----------

Dont forget these are simulated scores, not played scores.

As ever, it largely depends on how you play - I've had games where I've scored 100 all out or so just because I fancied taking all the risk in the world. I've also bowled badly enough that the AI punish it and create a silly amount of runs for a test match.

But if you play it as it's meant to be played, yeah: I think it plays like a test.

But if you play it as it's meant to be played, yeah: I think it plays like a test.
Does the AI lend itself to that though with their tactics? In all the previous games you could usually get 'realistic' totals through self restriction by making up rules on what shots not to play, or never using the loft button.

Or to put it another way, do you feel like you have to try and hold back to get a realistic result?

Does the AI lend itself to that though with their tactics? In all the previous games you could usually get 'realistic' totals through self restriction by making up rules on what shots not to play, or never using the loft button.

Or to put it another way, do you feel like you have to try and hold back to get a realistic result?

Exactly, and how hard is hard?

I don't expect it to be perfect chief, do you feel it's harder to score than ic2010 on hard. I'm saying hard as you are the chief and would never play on easy right chief;). Little things mean so much to us, leaving the ball as much or more than ic2010, ducking the ball i hope,lb, not as many no balls,yorker for 6:lol sorry a bad joke. You're the man chief.:thumbs

----------

Great question..:clap

----------

The thing i would do to see the difference between ic2010 on hard and this game is play them after each other using the same method and see how much the game has improved.:spy

Put me on record as disputing the simulated match results because NZ lost... I demand a refund.

Users who are viewing this thread