Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Maybe the chief is not replying to our posts as he has already confirmed that the release date is 21 June 2013 and thus doesn't want to keep repeating himself every single time. Let's just wait it out and see what's up with 505 Games.

If however it does turn out that the game has indeed been postponed, then I will be the first one to take out my sword.....as then it would mean that the chief knew about the delay, but did not care to inform us even while we kept asking him.

If there indeed is a delay, then there is no doubt that the chief would not know about it, as if the CEO of your competition knows about the delay, then it is not possible that the chief would not know about it.

Maybe the chief is not replying to our posts as he has already confirmed that the release date is 21 June 2013 and thus doesn't want to keep repeating himself every single time. Let's just wait it out and see what's up with 505 Games.

If however it does turn out that the game has indeed been postponed, then I will be the first one to take out my sword.....as then it would mean that the chief knew about the delay, but did not care to inform us even while we kept asking him.

If there indeed is a delay, then there is no doubt that the chief would not know about it, as if the CEO of your competition knows about the delay, then it is not possible that the chief would not know about it.

But whether chief knew about it or not question is whether he was allowed to mention it or not. If 505 told chief not to mention anything about delay, he won't be allowed to say anything or even hint it. At least i know I wouldn't say anything either if I was in his place. This kind of stuffs happen all the time at work place. The person who is in direct contact with the customers is told to do something unpopular by the people above who aren't really in contact with the customers and the person will have no choice but to follow it and take the heat for it.

But whether chief knew about it or not question is whether he was allowed to mention it or not. If 505 told chief not to mention anything about delay, he won't be allowed to say anything or even hint it. At least i know I wouldn't say anything either if I was in his place. This kind of stuffs happen all the time at work place. The person who is in direct contact with the customers is told to do something unpopular by the people above who aren't really in contact with the customers and the person will have no choice but to follow it and take the heat for it.

But why would they hide a delay.

What they are doing now is delaying to inform about the delay of the game.. that's a lot of delaying :(

There shouldn't have been a delay and if there is an unfortunate delay, then just inform the public (no one would take their heads off).

Chief has confirmed that the game would release on June 21st a week or so before but the rumors about the game being pushed to a further date emerged again.

See, it's obvious that the chief is a representative for 505 Games....any flak given is not against him but it is against 505 Games. If the game has indeed been delayed, the people who have already paid for the pre-order deserve to know about it. Also the more they delay the news, more days they are fooling the public who are still being led to believe that the game is releasing on 21 June for which the pre-orders are open still.

505 games translates as "codemasters" in Klingon!

I bet you speak Klingon Mr duck.p.s we should have known this would happen, just one month from release with no reveal. I hope chief comes back soon with some good news.:yes

It is just flabbergasting to read through these forums, the facebook page, the official game forum.....so much negativity. Someone somewhere within the hierachy of the various companies involved must surely be thinking; okay we have got a lot of negativity here. What can we do about it?

I mean people who have been alerted to the game in media in some way will find their way to the forums or the facebook page or the official site and will be hit by a wave of bad vibes.

Even the ECB or Cricket Australia who have their name asscociated with this game must surely be asking some questions around publicity and positivity.

I just do not get the strategy. I just do not get it. In September it started off really well but has derailed since then big time.

Tbh, I wish every pre-game release forum was dejected and negative. People's disappointment with past game releases came after talking themselves into how brilliant it will all be in the months preceding.

Being pleasantly surprised is far better than falling short of hype. It's what I worry about most re Big Ant's game, the higher you aim the further you fall.

Of course overwhelming negativity isn't a nice spot to be in, but having seen the forum after the hype wears away, I'd take a bit of pre-game negativity any day. If anything it gives them space to prove themselves that high expectations wouldn't afford them.

It is just flabbergasting to read through these forums, the facebook page, the official game forum.....so much negativity. Someone somewhere within the hierachy of the various companies involved must surely be thinking; okay we have got a lot of negativity here. What can we do about it?

I mean people who have been alerted to the game in media in some way will find their way to the forums or the facebook page or the official site and will be hit by a wave of bad vibes.

Even the ECB or Cricket Australia who have their name asscociated with this game must surely be asking some questions around publicity and positivity.

I just do not get the strategy. I just do not get it. In September it started off really well but has derailed since then big time.

Im with you here mate, it all seems a bit odd!

I wouldnt at all be suprised if we saw this game after the 1st or 2nd Test. If we have a couple of nail biters etc the Ashes hype will be even bigger.

I just dont get the whole we will just keep everyone in the dark and continue to do nothing about the growing cloud of this game.

In reality no matter what happens now people will go into this game with a negative mind-set with the intent on picking up on the negatives without even looking at the positives. Some now want this game to fail in a told you so fashion, whereas with Big Ant and the relationship developed the majority will want it to thrive and succeed!

Well I certainly want this game to succeed and I dont want to buy into the whole politics side of things as I want both games to succeed but I am just utterly dumbstruck at the way things are being "managed". I just dont get who is coming up with the marketing strategy........Ross is making it very clear what he thinks of it all any way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread