Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Well I certainly want this game to succeed and I dont want to buy into the whole politics side of things as I want both games to succeed. I just dont get who is coming up with the marketing strategy........

Yeah dont get me wrong i want both to be hits id like nothing more, but i cant see what alienating your customers achieves.

I mean even these podcasts take months to show up and they end up being half informative half him rambling and sounds like its recorded off his iphone!!

It's worth again noting Chief isn't the marketing guy for the game, those podcasts are just a bonus, just like this very thread.

He's probably just as frustrated with the things he isn't able to answer/provide as anyone else here. You wouldn't be on here daily responding to people if you weren't confident in your product, just he's not able to show us the proof of that yet.

The pre-release talk and build up inevitably means nothing once the game is out and it has to stand on its own feet.

Nothing wrong with an iPhone mate!
Dutch has been saying the most hurtful thing from the start.........No communication! :mad

Dutch was in support of this game all the way through! he stood up all the time.... But knowing the track record of Transmission/trickstar always had a feeling there will be always an issue somewhere.

There's no such thing as bad publicity. It's easier to turn negative vibes into positive by releasing trailers/gameplay videos, whenever that happens, but it's much harder to generate awareness for the game when nobody cares about the game. On that note it's a good thing Ashes game is creating so much news, negative at this point, as it shows people care about a cricket game. 4 years since the last game along with a busy cricketing year (back-to-back Ashes series & Champions Trophy) plays in the game's favor and I will be surprised if the game is not a hit.

Ironically Big Ant is the one who has to do the hard running as casual gamers (read majority of consumers) will still identify with the Ashes Cricket title and if they have to pick one game, they will probably go with Ashes Cricket. That's why Big Ant has to make the Ashes Cricket delay (if indeed the game's delayed) count by coming out first. If they don't, Ashes cricket will sell more copies no matter how good Big Ant game is.

There's no such thing as bad publicity. It's easier to turn negative vibes into positive by releasing trailers/gameplay videos, whenever that happens, but it's much harder to generate awareness for the game when nobody cares about the game. On that note it's a good thing Ashes game is creating so much news, negative at this point, as it shows people care about a cricket game. 4 years since the last game along with a busy cricketing year (back-to-back Ashes series & Champions Trophy) plays in the game's favor and I will be surprised if the game is not a hit.

Ironically Big Ant is the one who has to do the hard running as casual gamers (read majority of consumers) will still identify with the Ashes Cricket title and if they have to pick one game, they will probably go with Ashes Cricket. That's why Big Ant has to make the Ashes Cricket delay (if indeed the game's delayed) count by coming out first. If they don't, Ashes cricket will sell more copies no matter how good Big Ant game is.

Good post! however I always believe if you have good product, IT will sell no matter what! Initial hype can get a game more purchase, but if the game does not give you what gamers require they will give it away. In a long run I think BigAnt Would succeed and I hope Ashes do too.

Good post! however I always believe if you have good product, IT will sell no matter what! Initial hype can get a game more purchase, but if the game does not give you what gamers require they will give it away. In a long run I think BigAnt Would succeed and I hope Ashes do too.

You are na?ve. Product being good is just one of the many factors contributing to its success, especially when we are talking about something like a video game. A durable or safety related product like a car etc. would be a different matter though. Being at the right place at the right time is still a bigger factor IMO.

And I don't for one second believe Ross doesn't know that. Why do you think he's following Ashes Cricket's release so closely? He knows as well that to compete with a game with Ashes licenses will not be easy, especially if Ashes game releases first.

Exactly. A good game will do the marketing itself. How many of us were waiting eagerly before the first slender game came? I bet anyone even knew about the game after the first week of release. However a game to do well on charts, there should be enough people playing, for enough people, there have to be some hype. There is a direct/indirect relation to marketing and for a sports game standard even if we take away budget out of equation, this was pretty awful strategy from 505 games which they now might have to face the consequences. People are saying that this game will do well on sales just because of it's name but they are forgetting that people won't buy it if they don't know it that this game exist.

i cant understand why people cant see why this game is so hidden from public. its really simple!!! this game is NOT a new game!! what they have done is simply taken IC2010 or Ashes 09 and fixed the bugs, changed the names of the players!! so they cant show you the screenshots because its identical to Ashes 09.
there is NO other explanations, there are nothing new in this game !! only thing i can think of is, it may not have the old bugs and maybe will have some new ones :cheers

I hate the fact that the game's attracting a lot of negative reviews even from members who's supported it all the way up until the 'release date delay' fiasco. :(

i cant understand why people cant see why this game is so hidden from public. its really simple!!! this game is NOT a new game!! what they have done is simply taken IC2010 or Ashes 09 and fixed the bugs, changed the names of the players!! so they cant show you the screenshots because its identical to Ashes 09.
there is NO other explanations, there are nothing new in this game !! only thing i can think of is, it may not have the old bugs and maybe will have some new ones :cheers

:clap:clap:clap :facepalm

Isn't it pretty pathetic to make such statements when you haven't even had a glimpse at a screenshot, leave aside the game. It has been said over and over (and over) again that this game has been built from scratch, a completely new code. There could be bugs, there could be similarity to the previous games, but constantly chanting stuff like this makes no sense, isn't it? Wish we have patience while Chief and co. overcome this hurdle (or whatever it is since he hasn't said anything in a while) and show us their creation later.
The team has put in hard work in making this game (eventhough they haven't been pretty great at marketing this product up until now) and ridiculing it with such statements is pure disrespect towards someone who has cared to make a cricket title while this community was ignored by the others for almost 3 years.

Isn't it pretty pathetic to make such statements when you haven't even had a glimpse at a screenshot, leave aside the game. It has been said over and over (and over) again that this game has been built from scratch, a completely new code. There could be bugs, there could be similarity to the previous games, but constantly chanting stuff like this makes no sense, isn't it? Wish we have patience while Chief and co. overcome this hurdle (or whatever it is since he hasn't said anything in a while) and show us their creation later.
The team has put in hard work in making this game (eventhough they haven't been pretty great at marketing this product up until now) and ridiculing it with such statements is pure disrespect towards someone who has cared to make a cricket title while this community was ignored by the others for almost 3 years.

my theory is based on the fact that game is hidden from the gaming community !! unless you have seen the screenshots already !! whats "pretty pathetic" is just to take the game developers word for things without using your own brain !! don't we already know how these companies work!!! which company made a effort to honestly give something positive to the game loving public !!! all they need is just to make some money over selling what ever they can assemble at the time!! its important to understand why they cant show the game to public then just asking them to do so!!!

People may think your comment is "pathetic" but in reality this is quite probable. EA are renowned for doing this with there portable versions of their sports games.

Users who are viewing this thread