Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Cheif has said many times that " Its built from the scratch" It indeed is pathetic to make such statements.
Again i have to say Lack of Visuals causing these negative threads\statements....:facepalm

Cheif has said many times that " Its built from the scratch" It indeed is pathetic to make such statements.
Again i have to say Lack of Visuals causing these negative threads\statements....:facepalm

My friend, what Pathetic is just believing what ever game companies tell you without using your brain and arguing the facts based on past experiences :facepalm

They don't own the code to AC09 or IC10; Codemasters do (or did). They're not allowed to "just update" the previous titles.

They don't own the code to AC09 or IC10; Codemasters do (or did). They're not allowed to "just update" the previous titles.

what if Codemasters sold the codes to them!! its a win win..... codes are making extra money from a old product !! and these guys save lot of money by not developing the game!!! ok guys without telling my theory is pathetic, why dont you give us a more logical theory

Last edited:
my theory is based on the fact that game is hidden from the gaming community !! unless you have seen the screenshots already !! whats "pretty pathetic" is just to take the game developers word for things without using your own brain !! don't we already know how these companies work!!! which company made a effort to honestly give something positive to the game loving public !!! all they need is just to make some money over selling what ever they can assemble at the time!! its important to understand why they cant show the game to public then just asking them to do so!!!

See, you don't get my point. History is history, and just because something happened in the past doesn't imply that it would happen again (now don't throw "History repeats itself" at me!). It could happen too, but passing on comments, especially negative comments, without any sort of proof whatsoever, isn't just right, is it?
There's no talk of one using your own brain or just following what the devs have to say, unless you have got any glimpse of the game, how'd you know if it indeed is an all new game or just an improved IC2010? I reckon we leave these comments for when the game is released. Criticizing it then would make sense, no matter how harsh the criticism is, but doing that now, is well... "pretty pathetic".

It's worth again noting Chief isn't the marketing guy for the game, those podcasts are just a bonus, just like this very thread.

I wouldn't agree that. He may not be identifying himself as a marketing guy (Which good marketing guy would?) and may not have an official title stating that as well. He is the designated spokesman from 505 on a fan forum. And every information that he gives out is a direct/indirect form of marketing. Remember, public relations is a form of marketing.

This is similar to what Ross is doing in the big ant forums. He may be the CEO, but he is here to engage with the fans and thereby marketing the game. The fact the Ross is the CEO and 'Chief' is the producer does not take away from the fact that they are here for marketing.

If you are under the impression that the rest of 505 is unaware of the fact that 'Chief' posts here, and isn't aware of what he is posting then you are terribly mistaken.

The developers have no one but themselves to blame for negativity plaguing the game at the moment. I hope chief has some ace up his sleeve.

The developers have no one but themselves to blame for negativity plaguing the game at the moment. I hope chief has some ace up his sleeve.

Couldn't agree more. The lack of visual info has had an adverse effect leading to the piling up of negative comments. But then, blabbering something that has got no proof to support it isn't what is expected.

Agree with you though. I reckon a word of reassurance and more info on the release date (be it changed or unchanged) would set things right back on track, though you'd still have ppl asking for screenshots! :p

Couldn't agree more. The lack of visual info has had an adverse effect leading to the piling up of negative comments. But then, blabbering something that has got no proof to support it isn't what is expected.

Agree with you though. I reckon a word of reassurance and more info on the release date (be it changed or unchanged) would set things right back on track, though you'd still have ppl asking for screenshots! :p

God let them just be smart for once, release the new release date with a trailer WIN WIN.:D

i dont think ashes will be released by june 21 2013, in twitter account when asked about the grounds, their reply was something like they would check on its availability which is really shocking. by this time they should have all the details in their finger tips :mad :mad :mad

i dont think ashes will be released by june 21 2013, in twitter account when asked about the grounds, their reply was something like they would check on its availability which is really shocking. by this time they should have all the details in their finger tips :mad :mad :mad

That's because they aren't possibly allowed to leak info about grounds and stuff until it has been officially announced, just like they announced the commentary guys. They just skipped the question without saying "No, we can't tell you" there.
The game could still be late even if what you said isn't an indicator of it.

Users who are viewing this thread