Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Gotta stop all this rimming of chiefs back door, I mean he is trying to sell a game at the end of the day and make money, don't make out he is on here for nothing, he gets paid to do this, not like he is marketing for free is it
And you're more than welcome to take his posts as marketing rubbish, not believe a word of it and not get the game - but I expect people to be respectful on here.

And he has hardly told us anything in the past 6 months, considering all the bad stuff that went on with ic10 you would have thought that they would be doing more to win us back, but no he's gone into hiding again.
And the fact that Chief had nothing to do with IC2010 is to my point that you shouldn't make it personal about him if your complaint is with the product.

Also, devils advocate but I am pretty sure Chief is not "getting paid" to come on a third party forum and interact with us weird lot here...

I think a level of respect is more than earned, because he's a real person just like the rest of us. Big difference between personal attacks and product attacks, imo.

Thanks for your words, Matt. Hit the nail on the head.

...also, more screengrabs.

...and video.

Preferably both.

Last edited:
On another note and just to move things along again....I do love love listening to Bumble commentating as he is at the moment in the England- Kiwi test and it is great he is going to be commentating in this game. He just rambled on how 4 people were involved in making his cappuccino this morning and it was still cold!

On another note and just to move things along again....I do love love listening to Bumble commentating as he is at the moment in the England- Kiwi test and it is great he is going to be commentating in this game. He just rambled on how 4 people were involved in making his cappuccino this morning and it was still cold!

Also Bumble and Ian Smith are now discussing Bell ring techniques at Lords!

If I were recording commentary for a cricket game, I'd get these guys into a booth and just get em drunk, hit record and walk out...

Hours of material.

What's going on with this im a bit out of the loop. Has he run off with all the pre-order money and vanished? :p

Still no gameplay footage i take it then? Considering the game is so close to release that sets the alarm bells ringing for me personally.

I refuse to buy any cricket games these days as they're all terrible and have been since forever. Our only hope is that EA decide to once again make another cricket game and hope they decide to use the fifa engine. I will wait for gameplay videos and user feedback before i even think about spending any money on this. Been burnt way too many times before.

^Hey Gas. Long time no see. I hope you have visited the Bigant forum. It will pretty much make you forget about EA.

Also, devils advocate but I am pretty sure Chief is not "getting paid" to come on a third party forum and interact with us weird lot here...

I think a level of respect is more than earned, because he's a real person just like the rest of us. Big difference between personal attacks and product attacks, imo.

Thanks for your words, Matt. Hit the nail on the head.

...also, more screengrabs.

...and video.

Preferably both.

I think that's one of the problems, most of us see chief as well a member of pc that is also making a cricket game. He has put so much time on here over the last 8 months or so and then goes away without saying anything is annoying, i know it's not his fault but i guess someone is the fall guy. Still i repect you and Mattw to keep order or pc would be just like facebook.

He hasn't "gone away" ...the forum is elective. Keep perspective. Chief is one man, of many making a cricket game. If it's delayed (as it looks to be) then so be it. It's most likely for good reasons. But then, I'm the patient type and Ross is keeping me plenty-busy over in the other forum.

...and I object to being included with Matt as an order-keeper. I'm all about disorder, call it the "naveenncc-effect" ;)

As a lot of people have already said, there is no reason to fuss about the game being delayed.....I always believe its always better to delay the game than release it with bugs that 'you already know are there in the game', as doing that is just unethical, and I am infact thankful to 505 Games if they have decided to delay the game after noticing some bugs, than just going ahead with the release of a broken game.

What is bothering me the most (I am sure it is the same with everyone else) is that noone from 505 Games is coming forward with an official statement or atleast with a statement line 'We are trying our best to release the game on time, but it can get delayed' etc. This just reminds me of the time IC2010 was released, when before the release we heard so much about post sale support etc, but as soon as the game released and the bugs were found, there was 'noone' available to answer any questions. This looks like it is happening all over again where the chief has just not posted 'anything' on the forums after people 'external' to 505 Games have come out with the fact that the game might be delayed. I just find it worrisome that we might just be in for the same treatment if god forbid there are game breaking bugs found in the game after it has been released.

...This looks like it is happening all over again where the chief has just not posted 'anything' on the forums after people 'external' to 505 Games have come out with the fact that the game might be delayed...

Devils Advocate; Chief was last online yesterday at around 6pm [my time] and his most recent post was only 3 days ago. Given it's been the weekend... there's a good chance he's had better things to do with his time than respond to his competitors pokes and prods, over in the Big Ant forum. There's a good chance he doesn't even know about them. Most likely, he's been enjoying some cricket on telly or at the game himself. Lets not get hysterical about the "lack of posting" from a guy who's in all likelihood just been enjoying his weekend. Posting here isn't an obsession for everyone...

Not saying any of that is the case... just perspective.

Last edited:
Devils Advocate; Chief was last online yesterday at around 6pm [my time] and his most recent post was only 3 days ago. Given it's been the weekend... there's a good chance he's had better things to do with his time than respond to his competitors pokes and prods, over in the Big Ant forum. There's a good chance he doesn't even know about them. Most likely, he's been enjoying some cricket on telly or at the game himself. Lets not get hysterical about the "lack of posting" from a guy who's in all likelihood just been enjoying his weekend. Posting here isn't an obsession for everyone...

Not saying any of that is the case... just perspective.

OK!!

He hasn't "gone away" ...the forum is elective. Keep perspective. Chief is one man, of many making a cricket game. If it's delayed (as it looks to be) then so be it. It's most likely for good reasons. But then, I'm the patient type and Ross is keeping me plenty-busy over in the other forum.

...and I object to being included with Matt as an order-keeper. I'm all about disorder, call it the "naveenncc-effect" ;)

"Chaos" you mean... "disorder" would be a simplistic take on naveenncc. If you bring in chaos theory you may be on to something.

You are right, there are many more layers to the mystery of the man... I stand corrected...

Users who are viewing this thread