Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

I'm no expert on this but retailers tend in my experience to change the date a week at a time when they are uncertain about dates.
I still think we can't take anything as confirmation until June 21st has been and gone. Doesn't look good though.

Agreed about pushing release date by a week part. Regards to waiting for June 21st, it's not just one or two retailers but a whole bunch who have pushed out release date - 2 from SA, 2 from UK and one from Asia. That's plenty of fire and smoke to go around.

Maybe chief did announce the delay in one of his podcasts....

and they are kinda late in releasing that also....

Maybe chief did announce the delay in one of his podcasts....

and they are kinda late in releasing that also....

:lol It's recorded and ready to go! It only needs to be uploaded at the *right time :p

*June 21st

I think as well that we are going to get a basic game release next week for a cheaper price and that then a DLC will be released adding content and features after a while.....

The Ashes and nothing else to start with will do me fine - I'd be happy to pay for new stuff (as long as it's licences and not overpriced).

Just don't mess the game up! We haven't had a cricket game on PC since the excellent (after patch 2) but lacking in longevity Ashes 09.

It has both international teams AND club teams....!

The ol' commodore 64.....loved that machine! :cheers

Nice. I'll have to check it out then - assuming it's on PC? Let's see what Mr Amazon says. :)

Yep; it's on PC - Lions Tour edition - but it's not out yet.

Last edited:
Nice. I'll have to check it out then - assuming it's on PC? Let's see what Mr Amazon says. :)

Yep; it's on PC - Lions Tour edition - but it's not out yet.

all retailers in Australia still say 21/06/13 i wait to eb games calls me otherwise its just speculation i would think they would be a trailer tho before game is release tho who agrees with me on this.

I've flicked through the last few pages of the thread and couldn't see anything mentioning it; but Zavvi have moved to the 28th...

Ashes 2013 PS3 | Zavvi.com

There's a major UK retailer that has shifted release date - I'd be very surprised if the 21st now happens... Then again, my pre-order still says "Est: 21/06/2013", so I haven't a clue that's happening! I'm just about to email their customer services; I'll let you guys know what they say as soon as they get back - doubt they are going to reply at quarter past 3 in the morning!

e: The PC version is still listed as the 21st, so I'm even more confused now...

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/pc/ashes-2013/10802566.html

e2: seems that I am an idiot that can't read. Still, the fact that the PC version hasn't changed makes things interesting, as you'd imagine that a release date delay would delay all four editions of the game equally? I also tweeted them to see if they would respond to retailers delaying the game, but we all know that they probably won't reply...

e3: For what its worth; the hut and Zavvi are really exactly the same company, just two different brands so its really just one UK company shifting their release dates. The hut also say that the PC version will release on the 21st (http://www.thehut.com/games/platforms/pc/ashes-2013/10802566.html). Still doesn't make the position any better or any clearer through...

I think needing to edit this post so much probably proves that I shouldn't be up thinking about this at 3:40am...

Last edited:
^^ that kind of make sense given the rumor says the platform versions have not been submitted for approval yet. So probably they are going ahead with the PC release since it doesn't have that kind of restrictions. they are probably trying to save their face now with this move.

505 Games will probably be the first publisher to release PC version of the game before the console versions :lol And that too at a discounted price :rolleyes Generally things are other way round with console versions hitting the shelves before the PC version comes out. But that's 505 Games :p

I doubt that they'll receive a great deal less flack if they only release the PC version of the game next week; and it gives a reason for people to cancel their pre-order and wait until we see what the people who have the game think of it. That's what I'll probably do if the consoles are delayed longer than the PC version is - with the absence of any trailers, many screenshots or any hands on previews of the game, it seems like the sensible thing to do!

e: typos

Last edited:
I doubt that they'll receive a great deal less flack if they only release the PC version of the game next week; and it gives a reason for people to cancel their pre-order and wait until we see what the people who have the game think of it. That's what I'll probably do if the consoles are delayed longer than the PC version is - with the absence of any trailers, many screenshots or any hands on previews of the game, it seems like the sensible thing to do!

e: typos

That would explain the throwaway price as well for the PC version.

Well; if you spend ?15 and get a crappy game; then you're a lot less likely to be annoyed than if you spent ?40/?50 (I think that's what Game are selling it for in-store, which is what most Brits will pay for the bloody thing); so it could be a form of cushioning the blow until they get an early patch out to fix any problems it has? I dunno; all of this is complete speculation on my part. I know that I'm now a lot less likely to put ?30 down on a pre-order from a developer that I've never dealt with before. I mean, Big Ant's promotion of a cricket game caused me to spend ?40 on the game of a sport that I had no interest in before I bought it; while 505 have done nothing to make me that confident in them.

I don't think that most of the blame should be put on Trickstar or Chief for this at all though; the former have been forced to rush out a game from almost nothing in no time at all; while Chief probably wanted to tell us tons more than he was allowed too by 505 because of their laughable release strategy. That's the primary reason why Big Ant have been so open about their game - no publisher to tell Ross what not to talk about!

e: just clarifying a few things. Probably should drop this habit of clarifying what I'm editing each time I do it!

Last edited:
Don't mean to restate what has already been stated but we are about a week before the release and still no idea of how the game plays. The marketing strategy for this game has been poor to say the least :noway. Even those annoying 30 second infomercials on TV give us a better idea of the product than these guys. :yes

Users who are viewing this thread