Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

I think as well that we are going to get a basic game release next week for a cheaper price and that then a DLC will be released adding content and features after a while.....
Considering some of the prices being mentioned, this isn't too far fetched actually.

Some people seem to forget that we here at planetcricket are only a small minority, we may well be hardcore fans but we do not make or break a game. 505's main priority is the people who do not even know that this site exists, the casual fans and the ones that will buy the game just because Cook or Clarke is on it. They are the ones that contribute to a higher percentage of sales.

Folks, AC 13 release date is no longer June 21st. Both zavvi and thehut have changed the release date for the game to June 28th. Here are the links...

Ashes 2013 PS3 | Zavvi.com
Ashes 2013 PS3 | TheHut.com

Both are reliable retailers and it looks like the release date delay is beginning to trickle through to retailers.

Chief, care to comment?

Last edited:
Folks, AC 13 release date is no longer June 21st. Both zavvi and thehut have changed the release date for the game to June 28th. Here are the links...

Ashes 2013 PS3 | Zavvi.com
Ashes 2013 PS3 | TheHut.com

Both are reliable retailers and it looks like the release date delay is beginning to trickle through to retailers.

Chief, care to comment?

If it's only a week then i'm ok with it, where on earth is chief.:spy

I don't believe any of this until I get 'Official' confirmation of a delayed release.

I don't believe any of this until I get 'Official' confirmation of a delayed release.

Zavvi & Hut aren't exactly fly-by-night operators. Till yesterday they had release date as June 21st and today they pushed it back by a week. I guess retailers will get the delay info at different times and they will push back the date accordingly.

Sounds like even the retailers are not sure when this is coming out and guessing it or hoping to receive it by that date. It is quite weird if there is a lack of communication between them and 505 games.

I'm no expert on this but retailers tend in my experience to change the date a week at a time when they are uncertain about dates.
I still think we can't take anything as confirmation until June 21st has been and gone. Doesn't look good though.

Another update... went through the list of online retailers on my list which ship world-wide and found another retailer who has taken off June 21st as the release date.

play-asia has release date simply as June 2013 and removed June 21 reference. Some others still show release date as June 21st but I suspect it's a matter of time the date is changed there as well.

Link...
Buy Ashes Cricket 2013 for PlayStation 3 (PS3)

Users who are viewing this thread