Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Meh. I'll be happy with a delay if it means a better game.
Not going to ruin my life having to wait an extra 2 weeks.

Its a shame that after all the good interactions we have had with Chief, the retailers and other sources are breaking this news of delay to us. People here are very forgiving and generous. Chief had no reason not to tell us the news of delay a lot earlier.

Meh. I'll be happy with a delay if it means a better game.
Not going to ruin my life having to wait an extra 2 weeks.

There is nothing wrong with a delay, we just need to be told and with chief missing there is nothing we can do but wait and hope.:spy

The game has been delayed for new zealand. I just recieved this email from mighty ape:

Hi Elliot,

Just letting you know that our suppliers have advised us today that the estimated New Zealand release date for Ashes Cricket 2013 ~ PS3 has changed from 20/06/2013 to 05/07/2013 today.

Please note: As this is an estimated date only, it is subject to change.

If you have any queries about your order please don't hesitate to contact us. :)

Regards,

Scarlett Winter
Customer Service Gorilla

Above was posted in Facebook :facepalm

Well, again it is the console version that is shown to be delayed (consistent with what Ross has been saying all this while about the game not being submitted to the platform holders).....I still feel they will release the pc version on time. Also, looking back, it should have been evident from their interview at their press conference at Lord's when they said that they are still ironing out the flaws, that the console version would get delayed while the PC version would probably be on time if they are able to iron out the flaws till 21st June, or worse case, they would go ahead with the release of the game on pc with the flaws itself.

Its a shame that after all the good interactions we have had with Chief, the retailers and other sources are breaking this news of delay to us. People here are very forgiving and generous. Chief had no reason not to tell us the news of delay a lot earlier.

The thing is there is no delay yet, on the 21st all will be clear. Still sad the last couple of months have been.:spy

There is nothing wrong with a delay, we just need to be told and with chief missing there is nothing we can do but wait and hope.:spy

Very true!! Infact had there been a poll, the majority would have voted to delay the game than to release it with known bugs. Its just that it felt like everyone else knew there would be a delay yet 505 Games were not willing to disclose it, specially with the pre-orders running! Even now, they could have easily said that the console version is getting delayed while they are trying to get the PC version out on time (if that is the case). But we haven got nothing from them!

What astounds me is the lack of communication.
The only logical explanation I can think of is that Ross is right that they need to release something on the 21st for contractual reasons, they know they are putting out an unfinished game at that point and they want to keep the release as low key as possible so they can have a second bite at it for the Australian leg of the series without much bad publicity from the rubbish release.

A cynic would suggest that it would then get an Ashes Cricket 2014 title and not get a free update on PC so they can make up for selling it for next to nothing.

Zavvi Moved PS3 version AC 13 to 28/06/2013:clap:clap:clap Many more to come wait for updates...

Chief has gone, I don't think we will be hearing from him again, prove me wrong chief.:spy

Maybe they are leading development in PC and due to licensing agreements they have no choice but to release the game on 21st.Then after some time we may see a console release but that doesn't mean they are going to add anymore features to it or it will be any different than the PC version.

Ashes 14 and other stuff that people are coming up with are all speculation ,nothing has been confirmed till now.I won't be surprised if they will release a buggy version of Ashes 13 which will be followed by a patch of some sort.

Users who are viewing this thread