Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

I don't mind PC gamers getting an early or rather on time delivery and giving us valuable reviews so that other can get the game or stay away although I am sure curiosity will get the better of most folks here.

Currently, Amazon UK and Game UK both still showing 21st as the release date, but perhaps they'll get their delay notices today. Zavvi.com is showing 28th June.

Must admit I'm disappointed - I'm still looking forward to the game and don't think it's going to be just an IC10 update, but it really would have been nice for us console gamers to be told there would be a delay, especially if they've known about it for as long as Ross claims they have.

Will have to see if Ross indeed makes any announcements once the delay's confirmed.

Oz is not the reason he has disappeared! Hea disappeared because Ashes is struggling and the game is in a bit of disarray by the looks of it.

Im sure Jamie is not too fussed what someone says over a computer screen to him by someone he has never met.

Im sure he is well aware that not everyone is going to be all happy go lucky when it appears we have just been lied to. Delays are not sn issue for me. Not having the decency to let your customers know and have the courtesy to explain when we have paid good money is an issue in my opinion!

Maybe Captain oz needs to send chief a private message, saying something like miss you chief, I was wrong please come back.:p

I'm not vain enough to think it's all about me. Instead, it's the game and how it is being communicated to these forums and the public in general.

Interesting to see the Cricinfo Australian website. Saturated with Ashes Cricket 2013 adverts.

I'm sure it has been answered recently but I can't remember where. I know its not available through Steam but wiill there be any digital distribution for the game on PC?

I'm sure it has been answered recently but I can't remember where. I know its not available through Steam but wiill there be any digital distribution for the game on PC?

As far as we are aware, no.

lol agree, this was a waste, we are at release date we know nothing about gameplay, not even a trailer or decent screens, no announcement ir comminucation, this was all a farce, well played 505, you stole our pre order money

Why betrayed :( ?? You guys made fun of honest cricket fans.

The only logical explanation I can think of is that Ross is right that they need to release something on the 21st for contractual reasons, they know they are putting out an unfinished game at that point and they want to keep the release as low key as possible so they can have a second bite at it for the Australian leg of the series without much bad publicity from the rubbish release.

So knowing what we know now with their press release seemingly blaming the licencees for a delay... I wonder how that's going down if they DID have obligations to release the game on that date and if it really is their [ECB/CA] fault?...

So knowing what we know now with their press release seemingly blaming the licencees for a delay... I wonder how that's going down if they DID have obligations to release the game on that date and if it really is their [ECB/CA] fault?...
Reads to me like they were late on all platforms and needed to beg the licence holders to allow them to push it back.

Users who are viewing this thread