Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

At the time, that was a perfectly reasonably teaser trailer. There must have been a plan after that to release a steady stream of screenshots and in-game videos. Something, somewhere has gone wrong and this game has turned into a farce.

I honestly hope that is what happened as we were told that gameplay videos and a lot of screens were to be filtered our way. Now the game is 5 days from release, our only connection to 505 Games has upped sticks and we are no closer to knowing anything about the game.

Don't completely agree. Yes online was plainly broken but batting and bowling wise I had some good games and tournaments. If they can somehow have boosted AI, made the fielders stop the ball more effectively and got rid of a few of the worse bugs then I think AC13 will give a good game of cricket.

I still play this game and it does have it merits although I agree much needs to be improved.

I didn't play IC10 but I did play AC09 and I REALLY enjoyed that game because someone released a patch or roster stat patch (i think it was zim) which made batting a huge challenge and bowling was fun too as the cpu would chase your totals

I honestly think we will have to wait until friday to see who's got what copy. I asked the store manager at GAME who comes to my shop and he said ashes cricket will be releasing on 21st. I asked him that various sites are saying its delayed he said he hasn't heard anything about it from the publishers. He said they will get stock on monday or tuesday because I know him he might even sort me out a advanced copy lol.

Anywhere to buy digitally? Don't really want to wait a week+ for a DVD (if it is releasing this week...)

Last edited:
Anywhere to buy digitally? Don't really want to wait a week+ for a DVD (if it is releasing this week...)

It's not available on steam for a start.

What put me off the last game was hard mode just wasn't hard. All you had to do was knock the ball around till your batsman's confidence was on full and then hit out.

I had not single online game scoring at ridiculous rates and having quitters quit on me.
The longevity of the game lied in multiplayer test mode for me as there was no career mode. Test matches in test mode were awful. On my only attempt i raced to 567/1 off 30 overs against my brother at which point we switched the game off and went back to Brian Lara cricket 2005 on the PS2 for a proper test match and never touched the ashes game since. Considering we had the game on both PS3 and XBox, saying we were gutted was an understatement

Completely agree. I just made a triple century with Graeme Swann and a double century with Broad as they had a 6th wicket partnership of 500ish in a day. On 'Hard' mode. Needs to be made a proper challenge although I suppose balancing it must be a very difficult challenge.

Completely agree. I just made a triple century with Graeme Swann and a double century with Broad as they had a 6th wicket partnership of 500ish in a day. On 'Hard' mode. Needs to be made a proper challenge although I suppose balancing it must be a very difficult challenge.

Thats why you have a hard mode and then a hardcore mode for the people who want a real simulation or a big challenge. it's not that hard :p

I would expect Chief to be online today and answer all our queries ....

Guys yes everything now is turning to a disappointment but can we stop posting in the 'Ask Chief' unless we are asking him something. Chief said i think that this game was nothing like AC09 and it would be 1000000 times better

All we can do is wait

Guys yes everything now is turning to a disappointment but can we stop posting in the 'Ask Chief' unless we are asking him something.
There are questions being asked - those are basically, when is the game releasing, why aren't there any videos of a game releasing this week and other associated questions. Discussion trying to establish answers to these through other means while awaiting a potential answer from Chief directly is a valid use of this thread.

The game has been delayed for new zealand. I just recieved this email from mighty ape:

Hi Elliot,

Just letting you know that our suppliers have advised us today that the estimated New Zealand release date for Ashes Cricket 2013 ~ PS3 has changed from 20/06/2013 to 05/07/2013 today.

Please note: As this is an estimated date only, it is subject to change.

If you have any queries about your order please don't hesitate to contact us. :)

Regards,

Scarlett Winter
Customer Service Gorilla

Above was posted in Facebook :facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread