Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Can you comment on comments that Unity is in beta for the PS3? You mentioned when attempting to put the game through submission that the Xbox 360 version was submitted but you were still waiting on PS3.

Will it be possible to overcome those issues in the month you have between now and needing to start the submission process on PS3 to release in November?

I can't comment for Unity but we have the AC2013 compiling and running on PS3. We have our revised production schedule locked down and we will be submitting PS3 before November. The team are making good progress this week and I'll give everyone an update next Monday.

I can't comment for Unity but we have the AC2013 compiling and running on PS3. We have our revised production schedule locked down and we will be submitting PS3 before November. The team are making good progress this week and I'll give everyone an update next Monday.

Mike,suppose you submit PS3 version in October then how long will the approval process take?

I'm also curious about having 12 weeks to work on the game yet wanting to release it in November. Surely you could only work on the game for say a month and then have to submit it and publish it?

I'm also curious about having 12 weeks to work on the game yet wanting to release it in November. Surely you could only work on the game for say a month and then have to submit it and publish it?
The PC version of Ashes 2009 has timestamps of 17 July 2009 - for a release on the 7th of August. And that's with the PC having no platform approvals - if those are a month on top, they need to be submitting in September to make November, which means 6 weeks more dev time at most perhaps?

"All going well" is dangerous considering this is the second delay.

We will be working on the game right up to RTM and towards the end it will be all about bug fixing on the various platforms.

PS4/Xboxone

Hi Mike, Will you be releasing for PS4? BA have confirmed they will, but later than original release. How does it look for you? Is it a case of next gen consoles as well in November? Or next year? or will you just wait until the next sequel for ps4/xboxone release? Important for people to know who are looking to purchase the new consoles

The PC version of Ashes 2009 has timestamps of 17 July 2009 - for a release on the 7th of August. And that's with the PC having no platform approvals - if those are a month on top, they need to be submitting in September to make November, which means 6 weeks more dev time at most perhaps?

"All going well" is dangerous considering this is the second delay.

Over the years in game development you never know what can pop up! I will be giving you guys weekly WIP updates so you can track our progress.

----------

Hi Mike, Will you be releasing for PS4? BA have confirmed they will, but later than original release. How does it look for you? Is it a case of next gen consoles as well in November? Or next year? or will you just wait until the next sequel for ps4/xboxone release? Important for people to know who are looking to purchase the new consoles

All I can say right now is that are well positioned to port to PS4 & XB-one but our top priority right now is to get the game out in November on PC and current generation console platforms.

Hi Mr Fegan,
It is nice to see that you are back on track and it is good attitude which you are showing with public.
I think that you have 3 months to polish pc version and make it as good as possible while other versions have to go for approvals than what you can do is to make the all updates available right the first day of release on both consoles which Pc version have on very first day.?

I just want to ask that are there any classic matches in the game as it was a great fun playing them.But nobody have done that after BLc 99.

Hey Mike,

Good to see you over here answering all the questions. Apart from big game play changes that have been implemented in the batting bowling and fielding departments, what are some other small improvements done in ashes cricket 2013 over previous titles?

Do we have in-depth stats that are maintained during series? It?s always fun to see whose scoring the most runs, getting the most wickets. They are always good for personal milestones.

How Flexible is the custom tournament creator? Can we choose the number of teams, the format-round robin or league, matches each teams plays, points awarded for W L D, stadium for finals and so on.

Another thing now that we know a career mode is out of the picture is there any chance of implementing something like a basic WWE universe. Where every match we play affects team rankings. the AI competing in its own set of matches creating a dynamic cricketing atmosphere.

All the best for the upcoming weeks sir.

mike i have:
Core2Dou E7500 2.93 GHZ
4 GB RAM
Ati Radeon Hd 6790 1 GB
CAN i run ashes 2013

Hey Mike, how much has the camera work in the game improved? In the previous to games the camera usually zoomed into the moving ball after the shot was played, not showing the fielder after it.

Can we expect more authentic TV broadcasting style camera work in AC'13?

To be honest I don't see the point of every single member posting their system specs and asking if they can run the game. Look at the specs given by Trickstar and work it out.

Hi mike
Nice you are replying all the questions put forward to you unlike other forum(still they have better game though :p)
can you tell about LBW mechanism implemented??
And auto fielding is ok,But can you consider atleast catching system if not the old one.A little new innovative way so that we dnt curse you for dropped catches and don't need to sit back and relax once ball is bowled which is so boring :(:facepalm

Mike how much different are umpires from previous games?
they have different animations from previous games or not?
Are they officially licensed?

Users who are viewing this thread