Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Mike, I was really hoping you would get the "Airplane" comedy reference... I feel lost, cold and alone now. Has Agar been dropped? Is Australia taking an unorthodox approach and putting all their eggs in their "batters" to score runs? Banter banter... What's your thoughts on Christchurch getting scheduled a stack of games for the 2015 World Cup? You have plans that far ahead maybe gaming-wise for your new brand? What's the square route of 248? I like lamp?

Mike, I was really hoping you would get the "Airplane" comedy reference... I feel lost, cold and alone now. Has Agar been dropped? Is Australia taking an unorthodox approach and putting all their eggs in their "batters" to score runs? Banter banter... What's your thoughts on Christchurch getting scheduled a stack of games for the 2015 World Cup? You have plans that far ahead maybe gaming-wise for your new brand? What's the square route of 248? I like lamp?

:facepalm. Welcome back you nutter!

It's been a while, just give me a bit to get back in the swing of things... Speaking of swing, anyone seen the bowl for the keys in the VIP forum? I left them behind... Er, I mean... Dutch was asking...

Mike
when do you think you will be adding the real IPL to the game,
Without the ipl a cricket game is like FIFA not having the English permership

Mike

Sorry no match fixing IPL tournament in this years game, maybe next game as it's the number one wanted feature right. God who wants career modes/ashes mode/tour modes in cricket games when you could have the wonderful and skilful IPL cheating mode.:p:D:eek:

----------

God I have read some strange things in my life(from me most of it:p) but this Mr Biggs takes the cake, welcome back dude. PS when are you going to bring out the big guns, meaning your very special art.:p Also more screens tomorrow for the other game, any chance of your magic.:clap

Mike

No its nothing at all like that! The IPL is the most horrible thing to happen to cricket ever. Its not proper cricket, its just horrible.

I think the Indians need to realise that outside of India, people don't really care about the IPL. It was a fun novelty at the start, with the top players playing together in a shortened format that was fresh, but now people are starting to get over 2020 and the novelty has been lost. It's also annoying to see what it's doing to test cricket.

Hey Mike, how much has the camera work in the game improved? In the previous to games the camera usually zoomed into the moving ball after the shot was played, not showing the fielder after it.

Can we expect more authentic TV broadcasting style camera work in AC'13?

We have a whole new camera system in the AC2013 game which I will showing off to you in the coming weeks.

----------

Hi mike
Nice you are replying all the questions put forward to you unlike other forum(still they have better game though :p)
can you tell about LBW mechanism implemented??
And auto fielding is ok,But can you consider atleast catching system if not the old one.A little new innovative way so that we dnt curse you for dropped catches and don't need to sit back and relax once ball is bowled which is so boring :(:facepalm

All will be revealed soon!

----------

Mike how much different are umpires from previous games?
they have different animations from previous games or not?
Are they officially licensed?

The umpires are basically the same as previous games and unlicensed. Several of the umpires are based on actual people associated with the amazing Starlight Foundation who requested that we "immortalise" their image in the game as umpires as a part of their "make a wish" program because they are ardent cricket fans like you guys.

----------

Good to have you back on the forum and I do indeed enjoy your sense of humour. Stick with me over the coming week and hopefully I'll keep you from feeling alone and might even teach you a little about the trials and tribulations of game development. All jokes aside, we have big plans for cricket games over the coming years and once we have gone through the hard yards with AC2013 we should be well positioned as a dev studio to execute on our evil master plan for great cricket games in the future.

----------

Mike

Sorry, we don't have any plans to include IPL teams in the foreseeable future as the exclusive license is held by Reliance Corp in India.

Hey Mike... Me again :S

#1: Please make some sort of returning to the crease automatic. I hated it when you advanced, played and missed and the keeper (2nd point coming up) threw the ball and hit the stumps. I think sure there should be a quick returning to crease button, yet also a slower automatic one, so fielders don't wait until you've returned.
#2: Please make fielders (especially Keeper's) throwing accuracy far more realistic. Anything inside 10 meters was an automatic run out in A09.

Did you team give you a response on this? What are the settings at this point in time.
Gratis.

Mike, I liked the trailers of IC 2010 and kits , player faces especially stuart broad , micheal johnson they were quite brilliant.
I hope players faces and kits and other graphics will be hd like IC 2010.
The things I liked the most in AC13 are the scoreboard overlay and outfields of stadiums.I think these two things are quite better than that of cricket 14.

Mike, I liked the trailers of IC 2010 and kits , player faces especially stuart broad , micheal johnson they were quite brilliant.
I hope players faces and kits and other graphics will be hd like IC 2010.
The things I liked the most in AC13 are the scoreboard overlay and outfields of stadiums.I think these two things are quite better than that of cricket 14.

Thanks for your positive comments and if you can be a little more patient we will start next month revealing a lot more on the AC2013 game.

Can you say what screen was being shown here? It looks like the sort of stats you'd get as you're coming out on to the ground (which in most TV overlays is a vertical stack of info) - but the ground below doesn't make it look like a new batsman is coming on, which makes the floating body look a bit odd.

When stats pop up in regular gameplay do you get that player shot - and if so, is it too late to redesign that a bit to make it look a bit more integrated?

Users who are viewing this thread