Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

But that's not hawkeye, it's hotspot! Please tell me trickstar knows the difference?! :facepalm

I think what he meant was, they will stick to hawkeye only as they have the license for that. Hotspot will not feature in the game.

----------

Okay, a fair point, I should rephrase:

The concept of an animated ball tracking and prediction is not unique to Hawkeye. There is nothing stopping Big Ant doing something that isn't official but looks identical, just like the hot spot. So with it in mind that BA will do something like that, how does having it official and licensed add anything, except for a commentary line of "let's look at the hawkeye".

It seems like these licences are a bit of a blessing in disguise because I can't see how the hawkeye license adds anything you couldn't do otherwise and the licenced Australian and English teams are completely uneditable, which is horrible. Especially given how much the Australian team rotates these days, I reckon within a couple of months a guy will get picked who isn't in this squad of 30.

Can I ask why the licensed teams are uneditable when every other licensed sporting game doesn't have this restriction? What is the point of it.

Oh alright. Fair question.

the licenced Australian and English teams are completely uneditable, which is horrible. Especially given how much the Australian team rotates these days, I reckon within a couple of months a guy will get picked who isn't in this squad of 30.

A vast majority of the people buying this game will not know this, and so that won't be a concern for 505/trickstars... :facepalm

I think what he meant was, they will stick to hawkeye only as they have the license for that. Hotspot will not feature in the game.

But as BA has shown, you can make hot spot regardless of a licence. I mean HotSpot don't have a monopoly on thermal imaging :p I think Ashes has more significant games though, such as fielding.

unless the on field action has taken a ridiculously big step forward, this game (like the ones before it IC2010, AC09) wont have much replay value, was playing the 2010 game yesterday and the AI were wacking bouncers on the front foot everywhere, if this game is anything as unrealistic I dont see longevity in it atall.

So my question is, will this game be realisitc unlike previous efforts which seemed like an arcadey experience?

why no season, the game have lacked this for some time. I expect disappointment but I'm hoping for a suprise.

Of course Cricket 2014 is their so depending on reviews I might just stick to that

I can answer your question, The game will be realistic at they have "built if from scratch" :p:p:p:p

yup its really disappointing to see this from mike, either he answer that or he says "stay with us we will tell you everything from september"

i had my hopes few days ago but looks like mike is not interested in sharing anything with us :(

yup its really disappointing to see this from mike, either he answer that or he says "stay with us we will tell you everything from september"

i had my hopes few days ago but looks like mike is not interested in sharing anything with us
And yes, how can you forget that he is gonna update us with everything in next 12 weeks?? :p

I don't think he ever said Monday as such - it just sounds like from next week we will see 'weekly' updates, but until September it doesn't seem like they will be of substance.

I can answer your question, The game will be realistic at they have "built if from scratch" :p:p:p:p

What if the scratch itself was flawed :p

----------

I don't think he ever said Monday as such - it just sounds like from next week we will see 'weekly' updates, but until September it doesn't seem like they will be of substance.

I won't be surprised if for the first few weeks we only hear about the Field Editor. That is supposed to be a Huge Feature according to Mike Fegan :p

Amount of time they have discussed this field editor makes me wonder is it a cricket game or some farming simulator. Certainly makes sense discussing it again and again then :p

If I am not mistaken, Mike did mention that "information" will start flowing in from 8/5.

Users who are viewing this thread