Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

You've misunderstood, the way in which funnyadit put that suggests there is more than 1 video.

Sorry its not a video..I mistook that for a video....Look at this pic...You can see the line selection

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...s-check-here-before-posting-articles-pic2.jpg

A little clear pic

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...s-check-here-before-posting-articles-pic1.jpg

The graphics :facepalm

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...s-check-here-before-posting-articles-pic3.jpg
Even Cricket 2005 was better than this....:lol

Last edited:
If it turns out to be on par with DB14, with positive reviews etc, I might be tempted to purchase it if I'm struggling with bigants new control system and i wanna try something familiar, but if it comes out first ill wait for DB14 simply because I have more faith in their product.

Last edited:
If it turns out to be on par with DB14, with positive reviews etc, I might be tempted to purchase it if I'm struggling with bigants new control system and u wanna try something familiar, but if it comes out first ill wait for DB14 simply because I have more faith in their product.

I would suggest not to waste money on such a product....:yes

I think this game can be given as a free game along with DBC14...:D

Difficult to say with a screenshot like that, I guess we've all got it into our heads that AC2013 is going to be awful because DBC2014 looks stunning, I going to buy both, play both then decide which is better... at least we have 2 cricket games to look forward to, something that was a distant prospect last year!

Steve S.

I would need a very very clear statement by Mr Fegan as to why he has told so many untruths without as much as a fart in our direction to clear matters up. Don't care about the quality of the game. I will not be spending money on something that treats cricket-gaming fans like crud between the profile of some businessman's trainers.

Difficult to say with a screenshot like that, I guess we've all got it into our heads that AC2013 is going to be awful because DBC2014 looks stunning, I going to buy both, play both then decide which is better... at least we have 2 cricket games to look forward to, something that was a distant prospect last year!

Steve S.

I am also lined up in same category to try both and decide, considering I still enjoy playing IC 2010. It is going to be a tough ask for debutant DBC to dominate straight away no matter whether it is stunning or not. There is always a difference between 'tweaking of a product that has reached customers' and 'making a product yet to reach customer for first time'. Former gains clear preference for first choice buying.

Only thing that I hated on AC 13 is amount of lies to customers. They might have decided in not to go public on updates considering the competitors around but it should have been professionally handled than coming up with bunch of false commitments & lies.

This is where Ross has clearly won our hearts in having us updated on every major thing regarding the game. Anyways eager to whichever comes!;)

Everyone has a choice of course which I understand but it is my personal opinion, and only my personal opinion, nothing to do with some form of PC stand or something, that I do not want to part with my hard earned cash after the way in which we have been treated by this company, not only in Ashes 2013 but with IC10 as well. If the game is brilliant then so be it and I will have lost out. However, I don't think so.

What a world of difference with people like Oli Norwell from Cricket Coach and our very own Kurt of Cricket Heroes. Brilliant games developed by and for cricketfans. Those are the developers who really interact with there customers, improving things, taking on feedback and criticism and developing things further.

One man companies who know what ethics in business are.

Yes everyone has the right to earn a return on their product but at what price? Are we just a bunch of shitty gamers who they don't give a toss about as long as companies like Trickstar can sell sell sell?

How much effort have we made in giving them valuable time and space and masses of feedback, all in good faith. None of it has been or will be implemented. in fact the one thing we all wanted to stay has now been removed: the user-fielding.

The communication has been extremely poor and to see the same mistakes repeated after apologies have been proffered reflects incredibly badly on the same people involved.
I think that is beyond dispute.

spot on Dutch. As I've said before were AC13 to succeed, it sends the message to developers that we don't mind the lies and obfuscation, that we don't want innovation just doing the same old same old... that we will buy a game for "kit items". Nuts to that.

I'm tired of that lame comment "at least we have 2 games to look forward to."

It obviously comes from a person who can't see the bigger picture.

Fegan has really embarrassed himself on this one. Yes, Fegan, you may have gone into hiding, but we can still see you....

As far as I can tell, all Trickstar have done is try to make life difficult for Big Ant. Their mentality is "if we can't have it, then we want to spoil it for you, too."' Arseholes.

What I think is that if Trashes'13 is any good & reviews here at PC are favorable then all those saying they won't buy it might just go out & get it.

----------

Holy Crap,,,its the first time I see this vine video :noway they gonna compete with DBC14 with that, crap video for sure,,,,conclusive reason why I wont be buying this game, maybe pre-played, not new

At least compared to the screenshots the vine video seems to show relatively better graphics.

I'm tired of that lame comment "at least we have 2 games to look forward to."

It obviously comes from a person who can't see the bigger picture.

Fegan has really embarrassed himself on this one. Yes, Fegan, you may have gone into hiding, but we can still see you....

As far as I can tell, all Trickstar have done is try to make life difficult for Big Ant. Their mentality is "if we can't have it, then we want to spoil it for you, too."' Arseholes.

Whilst you have a point, Big Ant haven't helped themselves; if their release was announced by now, to be 7/14 Nov, it's in the major build up to the Ashes (for market attention) and AC13 and whatever they might be doing would be irrelevant. it's highly unlikely AC13 can make November, or we'd have heard something by now.

that being said, the CA issues possibly indicate Big Ant might not be able to make it themselves - notwithstanding the point Ross has made regarding the "in game" dependencies causing some of the issues in the standalone CA.

Whilst you have a point, Big Ant haven't helped themselves; if their release was announced by now, to be 7/14 Nov, it's in the major build up to the Ashes (for market attention) and AC13 and whatever they might be doing would be irrelevant. it's highly unlikely AC13 can make November, or we'd have heard something by now.

Disagree on this. If Ross were to have announced a release date then more than likely Ashes would copy them and go head to head which I don't think Ross wants. (Can't remember if this was said by Ross himself on here)

Also it's still very possible for Ashes to make November still. Like Ross said, I think an announcement from them is 'imminent'.

that being said, the CA issues possibly indicate Big Ant might not be able to make it themselves - notwithstanding the point Ross has made regarding the "in game" dependencies causing some of the issues in the standalone CA.

Bit off topic here, but I thought ross was sitting on the completed versions of the game for months now? so the CA issues shouldn't be an issue? Or have I missed something

Disagree on this. If Ross were to have announced a release date then more than likely Ashes would copy them and go head to head which I don't think Ross wants. (Can't remember if this was said by Ross himself on here)

Also it's still very possible for Ashes to make November still. Like Ross said, I think an announcement from them is 'imminent'.

i think ross has said he expects them to make an announcement that they will release end of november: i don't think he actually expects them to do so - i don't think they are in a position to release.

what's ross gonna do? if he waits for them to release first, then i don't see how he can hit 2013 - if ashes release late nov/early dec there just simply isn't a window, other than going "head to head". if he goes first he risks them deciding to go head to head. but if he waits too long to see what they're gonna do he misses the "buzz" of the build up of the ashes and first test in his two biggest markets.

----------

Bit off topic here, but I thought ross was sitting on the completed versions of the game for months now? so the CA issues shouldn't be an issue? Or have I missed something

locked console version... but that doesn't mean "finished", in the sense that we know there's a day one patch.

CA obviously has dependencies for things it will look for that are in the game, and that will cause some of the issues. the question is how much of the issues we've experienced are down to that, and how much are true "beta" issues requiring further development/patching, and testing.

i expect he's pretty confident that the "full" CA, with the game linked in (removing dependency issues) is fine, or he wouldn't have a play session in 10 days plugged in to CA...

Here's my take on it:

AC13 release in November = DBC14 release in December

Or

AC13 release in December = DBC14 release in November

How does that sound?

Users who are viewing this thread