Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

I have received my pre-order confirmation for DBC14, availability is 29th Nov @R605 for PS3 (BtGames S.A)

Ashes can go where the sun don't shine

I have received my pre-order confirmation for DBC14, availability is 29th Nov @R605 for PS3 (BtGames S.A)

Ashes can go where the sun don't shine

You shouldn't believe anything until Big Ant actually announce it...there is such a thing as place holder dates

Was just looking back at the Facebook update given out back in June.

Ashes Cricket 2013 said:
Once we accepted that the game was not going to hit its submission dates, we were contractually obliged to gain approval from our partners before communicating a shift in release date.

Could this be the same reason why we've not heard from them regarding a delay?

Was just looking back at the Facebook update given out back in June.

Could this be the same reason why we've not heard from them regarding a delay?

Well...i can't tell you if that is the reason...

but THAT is the reason they will give this time too if they decide to communicate with the community...

You shouldn't believe anything until Big Ant actually announce it...there is such a thing as place holder dates

I have learnt about that on the forum, but check this Snowy: I pre-ordered in August, everything was quiet till yesterday when they sent a confirmation just the night before the day we expect something will happen, would they be sending out e-mails just for a placeholder?

Well some people did get emails that Ashes Cricket 2013 was in stock and about to be sent to them.

That said, it's a realistic date at this point.

Not to mention, Ross reacted to this "29th November" release speculation by calling it interesting.

Not to mention, Ross reacted to this "29th November" release speculation by calling it interesting.

He has? Maybe I missed that post,,,its also "interesting" how I received a confirmation on the eve of what could be the big friday to this forum and the public

He has? Maybe I missed that post,,,its also "interesting" how I received a confirmation on the eve of what could be the big friday to this forum and the public

Yea he did, earlier. I don't think it is going to be a big Friday in any sense. Not expecting any announcements from either.

Yea he did, earlier. I don't think it is going to be a big Friday in any sense. Not expecting any announcements from either.

This is where and when the chess game begins,,,touch is a move, who will move first,,,even if its not today but something is gonna give, everything is imminent now, whether announcement or release

Yeah! Neither expecting an announcement today nor the game this month.

I did get another email from Amazon yesterday saying they hadn't received a release date, to be honest I may kick this into touch even though I usually buy every PC cricket game that comes along unless it gets rave reviews by both magazines and here.... I think once we all get into DBC14 there will be too much to do/play in this to even give AC2013 a thought. Love the players that are filtering though in the acadamy, some real talented artists here... I wonder if Gollum will make the Ashes squad this Winter :lol :cheers

Steve S.

----------

One thing I will add... DBC14 has been in development for 4 years correct? how long AC2013? surely you can't knock a game in a year and expect it to be successful! I remember GGWCC, Audiogenic had a hell of a time with that and there was no real competition that was a 3-4 year game!

Steve S.

I believe Chief mentioned a looong time ago a "general" period of time. [Can't be faffed finding the quote, it'll be on the first page] Worked out to be about 2 years and change, closer to 3 now with the delay.

Seems like Trickstar & 505 planning to reveal screens & vids two weeks (or less) before the presumed release date - just like they did before - & then reel back again.

Users who are viewing this thread