Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

It's not, really. The guy came in telling everyone he was going to right the wrongs, reveal all and we would have plenty of information early September. These are all things he said, nothing to do with anything we did. So the fact we've heard, seen and received absolutely nothing since being asked to keep the faith, stay positive and hang in there by the guy with the Trickstar badge on is actually, quite relevant.

It's irrelevant to whether or not the game will release.

It's irrelevant to whether or not the game will release.
So is absolutely everything. A game could release with the developers never being named - but part of using Trickstar and using the Ashes Cricket name is for 505 to link back to the relatively successful titles from Codemasters, despite that link being very weak.

It is not now suddenly irrelevant when things go wrong, it was a deliberate strategy to get Mike to be the face of them trying to rebuild customer relations - it's fair enough to not just accept that him suddenly not being able to talk is of no relevance.

It is of no relevance. I would assume that 505 has taken responsibility for all public pronouncements on the game and the only question that matters is whether or not they are prepared to put their name on it and release it.

Barmy, sooner or later they will show up and to be honest i don't care if it's good or bad news anymore.
If the game is no more let's move on and focus on DBC 14 not this Cat and Mouse game we have had over the last year or so.:clap

peso1.jpg

Then it's still a game without a career mode, fielding and domestic cricket, made by a company that have burnt every bridge possible with the people who they want to buy it.

I've heard they've reverted back to the old engine and just spent the last three months tweaking that as the new engine was too bug ridden when everything was 'turned on' in the game.

Maybe so MattW but if the game is good it will help them some what, still this is a big if to be honest. Ross/Bigant have all of are support for many reasons, treating us like they care being the number one for me.
If DBC 14 is a bit of a mess then it's not a big deal to me because I know in time we will have a cricket game to be proud of and a company who knows what we want. PS Maybe next time it will be Bigant with a big Licence(Comp) also plus all the goodies they have already. Did anyone say world cup next year.:thumbs

----------

I've heard they've reverted back to the old engine and just spent the last three months tweaking that as the new engine was too bug ridden when everything was 'turned on' in the game.

Codemasters own that licence, so this can not happen.

trickstar is gonna get a banglawash from big ant :D

Ass kicking more like it but trickstar never showed up for the fight once, sad and let's hope the fight will be over soon either way.

Maybe so MattW but if the game is good it will help them some what, still this is a big if to be honest. Ross/Bigant have all of are support for many reasons, treating us like they care being the number one for me.
If DBC 14 is a bit of a mess then it's not a big deal to me because I know in time we will have a cricket game to be proud of and a company who knows what we want. PS Maybe next time it will be Bigant with a big Licence(Comp) also plus all the goodies they have already. Did anyone say world cup next year.:thumbs

----------

[/

I don't agree, if ashes turned out to be the better game I would be very disappointed, after all the things we've seen from big ant and the lack thereof from trickster, it would be devastating for DB as a franchise to not be the better game.

Can't see that being the case, but nobody knows until we play either or!

I don't agree, if ashes turned out to be the better game I would be very disappointed, after all the things we've seen from big ant and the lack thereof from trickster, it would be devastating for DB as a franchise to not be the better game.

Can't see that being the case, but nobody knows until we play either or!

I was not saying a better game than DBC14 I was saying a good game, like IC2010 just better. They have no chance to get near what we have seen, still we will know more in 3 days time.

----------

I'm very confident that DB14 will be a much better game.

It would be funny if both games are good, still like matt said, no career mode and so on. PS I still want to see ashes 2013 just to see what the hell they have been doing all this time Barmy.

It is of no relevance. I would assume that 505 has taken responsibility for all public pronouncements on the game and the only question that matters is whether or not they are prepared to put their name on it and release it.

Sorry, I still don't see your logic. We had a representative from 505 present when Trickstar was making the game, therefore by your reckoning was everything Chief said irrelevant because Trickstar were driving the car at that point?

They got rid of Chief to put Fegan on the frontlines for all of, oh, 3 weeks... told us we should expect to know more September and then he's done a runner. His absence is absolutely relevant to the release of the game because he knows if they've completed it and whether or not it's ready to go! He's the public face of the project right now, certainly on Facebook and PC.net because nobody else has shown up. The fact nothing came of "early september" and all their promises of being open and honest is directly relevant to current status of the project and the release of the game. I'll give you an example, if Mike turned up tomorrow saying the game was handed over and would meet a November deadline, nobody would believe him. Nobody. That's why he is relevant.

It's a bit like saying Ross now has nothing to do with the release of the DBC14 project because TruBlu are paying for the signs at EB Games. It doesn't make any sense. Of COURSE he has a vested interest in the product, and he should.

Same rules apply for Mike.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread