Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

I really don't... and I read exceptionally well.

Biggs, the fact is Trickstar may not have any further input into the outcome of Ashes 13 after they have submitted it to 505 Games for releasing or whatever. A decision may not yet have been made, or if it has, 505 Games may not have the faith in Trickstar from managing any information, or maybe have told them of the outcome but told them to not make anything public without official word coming from 505 Games first (god knows if I was 505 Games, I'd tell Trickstar 'Thank you, don't call us we'll call you').

In the end a lot of jobs are on the line right now, if they do release in the next month or so and also release a good game then power to them. Have they treated us badly well yes, will all of us forgive them and buy the game if it releasers. I don't think so with DBC 14 so close to release, if there was no Ross and Bigant what would we be doing right now.

My guess is begging to each other that we get a good cricket game because in the end that is all we want, a year ago it looked like we would get 2 and now just one.:yes

I also see the same way with 505 enforcing on Fegan's team in not to go to public on some announcements which developers are not accountable for. Either this or the release candidate version of the game gone too much buggy/unstable that they are in fire-fighting mode to get it done before ashes & lost the battle. It would be just another cancel of a game from publishers view, why would they bother on Facebook or planet cricket which they didn't commit on anything. It would be no surprise even if 505 denies this game existence some years down the lane.

Biggs, the fact is Trickstar may not have any further input into the outcome of Ashes 13 after they have submitted it to 505 Games for releasing or whatever

I get that, I don't get why all of a sudden any discussion regarding Mike's lack of communication is deemed irrelevant with regards to the game releasing. He'll know right now whether or not the game is in any shape to release it... Since his whole modus operandi to begin with here was to be open, honest and dispell any miscommunication regarding the product?

It would be just another cancel of a game from publishers view, why would they bother on Facebook or planet cricket which they didn't commit on anything. It would be no surprise even if 505 denies this game existence some years down the lane.

Haha, what? None of that makes remotely any sense. They didn't commit to anything? They've committed to release the game TWICE in PUBLISHED ADVERTISEMENTS! Held a PRESS CONFERENCE for the game at Lords! There's absolutely no way they can "deny" the games existence when they're still have it up for pre-order all across the internet.

Last edited:
I also see the same way with 505 enforcing on Fegan's team in not to go to public on some announcements which developers are not accountable for. Either this or the release candidate version of the game gone too much buggy/unstable that they are in fire-fighting mode to get it done before ashes & lost the battle. It would be just another cancel of a game from publishers view, why would they bother on Facebook or planet cricket which they didn't commit on anything. It would be no surprise even if 505 denies this game existence some years down the lane.

Are you saying the game was available for pre-order without any commitment from 505 Games? Or are you trying to tell us all those "Preorder Now" tags were a figment of our imagination?

As far as I'm concerned 505 Games "commited" to the game when they decided to make the game available for pre-orders.

Are you saying the game was available for pre-order without any commitment from 505 Games? Or are you trying to tell us all those "Preorder Now" tags were a figment of our imagination?

As far as I'm concerned 505 Games "commited" to the game when they decided to make the game available for pre-orders.

Oops Sorry I was referring to Fegan's commitment/promises to we users regarding more information to be revealed on games through FB and sports forums. Meant, 505 doesn't have to bother on what MF has committed to FB/PC users and they really define their sweet time to release the updates. Cancelling/renewing the dates is not something new to publishers. Especially, in one of the 505's response to delay reasons - 'Game is not in stable state'. So.. Yeah!

when there' a license paid for, and a commitment to the licensors to produce something, and a development contract between publisher and developers that would have date and quality SLAs, nothing is getting cancelled (or delayed) without a lot of legal wrangling.

during that legal wrangling people simply have to keep shtum, and not everyone in the companies are going to be aware of what's going on.

that's why chief was in the dark over the earlier missed date, and why the official channels were so quiet at that time too. that's why they're silent now.

if it releases, my guess is it'll be a very quick - maybe 2 week - announcement and release, with minimal fanfare/publicity. we all know they have something they're not proud to show, and any release will be some attempt to recoup some losses, if they think they can.

to my mind, 505 are unlikely to release. the damage to them can be offset by hanging trickstar out to dry, both legally/financially through penalty clauses or lawsuit for failing to produce a game of sufficient quality in a timely manner, and reputationally - fegan was the "face" of the game, he made the "all that and more"/"early September" gaffes. for 505 it's a case of working out if they could expect to recoup more in sales than the distribution costs, and if the game is good enough to not ruin their reputation for release. (I still think they won't release - because the distribution is expensive, why lay out more - that's a 505 expense, whereas trickstar will be on the hook financially in the event of non-release.)

barmy is right in that Fegan's presence or otherwise here is irrelevant to 505's decision. even if it is an extra annoyance to us. (that being said, I found hang in there, bug polishing, no we're not adding that, you can edit the teams, you just can't change them etc. a lot more annoying than silence')

Those are placeholder dates - they were told November and thus put it on the last day of November. Equally, DB14 told everyone '2013' so there's a bunch of retailers who put the date on 31 December, because that's the last day of 2013.

I wouldn't put anything on it being here this month.

Users who are viewing this thread