Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

What concerns me is that the game is still so unstable that they cannot make a console release thus opting for a PC release and any any complaint regarding stability on PC can be easily termed as "Your system do not meet minimum requirements".

The issue was Unity and memory leaks on console. The PC version has been running okay for a while (stability rather than bug-wise) as far as I'm aware.

It had to be this Friday or never as Ashes starts on Thursday. They are hoping to make some quick money of the hype. Wont be surprised if they buy some ad time during the matches. What concerns me is that the game is still so unstable that they cannot make a console release thus opting for a PC release and any any complaint regarding stability on PC can be easily termed as "Your system do not meet minimum requirements".

only if it's already purchased up front a while ago... this is a release to meet some contractual obligations, they don't want to advertise it at all.

Ross needs to shout all the code guys at Trickstar a pizza or something tomorrow...

...or upside down cake ;)

I don't think I've ever seen an ad for a Steam only game on TV, much less a $20 one.

Most steam-only games are done by one guy coding a game for fun, ending up with a quirky, good if a bit buggy game for ?10/?20; while AC13 is a licenced game for the most well-known international cricket rivalry ever. Its not a fair comparison!

this one too, a half-tracker and a front-foot straight drive... amazing!

ss_a0b137321b5d1e4c95793ecba5f26051d3199a89.1024x768.jpg

anyone been on their forum or facebook?

----------

i don't think you need to worry about this one on torrents, it'll be released as the next doomsday virus.

p.s. - piracy is illegal, immoral and outrageous. take it elsewhere.

And Clarkes name gets smaller the E is tiny!!! LMFAO

Most steam-only games are done by one guy coding a game for fun, ending up with a quirky, good if a bit buggy game for ?10/?20; while AC13 is a licenced game for the most well-known international cricket rivalry ever. Its not a fair comparison!
I'm talking more about the size of the target audience a PC-download only release can reach and the marketing budget a $20 title could have.

Can u you use a controller to play this game?? 5 months of delay and only a handful of screenshots? WTF how can anyone defend this game? This game should be called Muslim cricket, the weathers Sunni but the games Shiite!!!

Incidentally the date is down as the 21st which is Thursday not Friday surely?
It's midnight (so 0:00 Friday) BST on the 22nd - which means it gets listed as the 21st on Steam because they base it on US times.

There's a countdown clock.

At least we got something to pass time till DBC releases ;)

Users who are viewing this thread