Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Is it necessary to buy games or you just easily download them? I mean like in normal life that we just download the games and play.....

In normal life you should pay for the games you play.

Yes, you have to buy games on Steam.

A normal life in Pakistan differs from a normal life elsewhere :facepalm

I don't know, where I come from, it's completely ok to just walk into the shops and grab a new laptop! Actually paying for stuff is so 2004!!

Yes. In the sub-continent almost 99% people buy pirated games from market for 1 or 2 dollars esp. in Pakistan.. No one buy original cds or dvds. people just download or buy pirated copies here.. @snowy

Last edited:
That stuff (not in the sub-continent necessarily, its toxic in the UK as well) is the reason why companies start doing always-online DRM, which kills single-player games. Look at the new SimCity for an example of that - thousands of people bought a game that they couldn't play for more than a week after launch because the servers were always busy. The game is awful, broken game anyway (:(), but the launch hurt its reputation more than anything. The only way that you'll move away from that sort of thing is by people actually buying the games!

I'm guessing the mods don't want this conversation again so let's leave it at this.

You have to buy the game on Steam if you want to play it.

Moving away from the piracy chat; it'll be interesting to hear what the commentary sounds like in the game. Its got better vocal talent than AC13 (if you ignore Mark Nicholas), and Chief was hyping it when he was the community rap here (might have been MF, I can't quite remember). It could be the only area in which Ashes Cricket tops Don Bradman Cricket if it really is as good as they have said it is; but that's just ashes cricket in a nutshell, really...

Yes. In the sub-continent almost 99% people buy pirated games from market for 1 or 2 dollars esp. in Pakistan.. No one buy original cds or dvds. people just download or buy pirated copies here.. @snowy

i could live with that, as long as we don't get people who will pirate the games on here complaining that pakistan aren't licensed, you can't play the afridicopterscoopcut etc. etc.

if your market doesn't support developers, you cannot expect developers to give a toss about your market.

----------

Moving away from the piracy chat; it'll be interesting to hear what the commentary sounds like in the game. Its got better vocal talent than AC13 (if you ignore Mark Nicholas), and Chief was hyping it when he was the community rap here (might have been MF, I can't quite remember). It could be the only area in which Ashes Cricket tops Don Bradman Cricket if it really is as good as they have said it is; but that's just ashes cricket in a nutshell, really...

i really like Mark Nicholas, to be honest.

yes you're right though, it's the only part they have a chance of being better than DBC in. but DBC clearly spent their money better elsewhere.

I can remember him being OK on Channel 4 back when they had the cricket rights (that's 8 years ago now...); but awful on the Channel 5 highlights package. I've not watched Aussie cricket live before because of the time difference, and I listen to Sky/TMS for the commentary, so it could just be that he can't do highlights and is good live, I dunno...

An interesting reflection on some of the "updated version of IC10/AC09" comments is that at various points I and others said that it won't be as good as either of those.
With the dropping of online mode (startling that in 2013 a cricket game has still yet to get this right) I think a better comparator for this game is BLIC2007. There's progress for you.

With the dropping of online mode (startling that in 2013 a cricket game has still yet to get this right) I think a better comparator for this game is BLIC2007. There's progress for you.
BLIC07 has online play - it actually worked pretty well - I was able to play online games on a 256k connection with people in the UK.

Users who are viewing this thread