Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

@Chief

Women were already introduced in Virtual Tennis 3 and 4.They look cool in those games :).You can play against them too..

@Chief

Women were already introduced in Virtual Tennis 3 and 4.They look cool in those games :).You can play against them too..

Hmm. Yeah. They are in "Rumble Roses" and "BMXXX" too.

My point is that they've never appeared in a sports game (or a sport, for that matter) where they are competing equally in a serious way against men in the same discipline on the same terms.

THAT would be interesting.

Hmm. Yeah. They are in "Rumble Roses" and "BMXXX" too.

My point is that they've never appeared in a sports game (or a sport, for that matter) where they are competing equally in a serious way against men in the same discipline on the same terms.

THAT would be interesting.

Jessica alba in test whites = HOLY S**T!!

:thumbs

Jessica alba in test whites = HOLY S**T!!

:thumbs

We've set feminism back 30 years in this one day. I think that's something we can all be proud of.

Tomorrow, back to player editors, modders and DRS debates. :)

Also, Jessica Alba unlockables; she prefers a Gunn and Moore rather than a Kookaburra, AMMIright?

For online competition, will it be simple head to head? Or can more than two players play the game together online? Same question for offline...i know previous cricket games let upto 4 players to play one game. Will it still be the same? Or will you let more players?

Sitting watching it, I suddenly realised... You know, in the entire history of this thread I can't remember anyone asking whether women's cricket would feature.
Apropos of nothing... Just an observation: is it a feature that anyone here would like/play?

----------

Is done and coming very soon.

Add Women's cricket. I would play. It's been missing all along from every cricket game.

I thought we had already established AC13 was going to feature cheerleaders doing gangnam style...

PRIORITIES!

A kind request to the Developers, Please concentrate on Reality Gameplay and Graphics inspite of thinking to implement women cricket as an option in the game since it will not be even worth for more than 2days of gameplay.

A kind request to the Developers, Please concentrate on Reality Gameplay and Graphics inspite of thinking to implement women cricket as an option in the game since it will not be even worth for more than 2days of gameplay.

It will not feature, and has never been in our plans.

I just like to float some ideas and see the reaction - My job is to try and get maximum value out of the game... So I like to stay on top of what people think is important and what isn't.

It will not feature, and has never been in our plans.

I just like to float some ideas and see the reaction - My job is to try and get maximum value out of the game... So I like to stay on top of what people think is important and what isn't.

I was getting the impression it was going to be a included. I guessed you mentioned it as a hint of a new feature. But i guess not now! Shame. Its not everyones opinion that woman added to the game would be pointless. Im sure potential woman gamers wouldnt think so either.

I was getting the impression it was going to be a included. I guessed you mentioned it as a hint of a new feature. But i guess not now! Shame. Its not everyones opinion that woman added to the game would be pointless. Im sure potential woman gamers wouldnt think so either.

yep potential woman gamers,"Millions in number" :D :p

next podcast? o.O

Last edited:
yep potential woman gamers,"Millions in number" :D :p

next podcast? o.O

According to 2012 data (USA, but the biggest games market in the world by some distance) the ratio of gamers is 53% male and 47% women. In 2011 it was 58% to 42%.
So almost certainly this year female gamers will, for the first time, outnumber the males.

Times change man. True, attitudes usually lag slightly behind that... But all too often companies die because they don't adapt with it and understand their market. I'm future-proofing. :D

I don't know if you have data for the markets in which you sell most units anyway but I would guess that the ratio in India is nowhere near 53/47.
The female friends I do have who are into cricket aren't into gaming. I'll try to convert them...

Users who are viewing this thread