Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

LOl:lol...But I have to say there's no competetion between GTA and Ashes Cricket 2013:D..

I might be speaking out of "turn" but I've seen screenshots of AC13 where batsmen can assault other players on the field with a cricket bat, steal the drinks cart etc... So 505/Trickstar are obviously targeting the GTA demographic directly.

Last edited:
Chief will you be able to earn skill points for all players (except Eng & Aus) like in IC2010?

LOl:lol...But I have to say there's no competetion between GTA and Ashes Cricket 2013:D..

Actually there is. Most folks only have a limitd budget for games and have to make a choice which ones to get. A cricket fan who is a big fan of GTA franchise, which I am assuming are many in Aus & Eng, will prefer to buy GTA and hope to get cricket game later on off of ebay or when the price is lowered. With no GTA at the time there's less competition for thr cricket title. But for most folks on this forum it's a given they will purchase both Ashes as well as Big Ant games, but for majority of the sales, cricket will need to compete with GTAs of the gaming world.

Actually there is. Most folks only have a limitd budget for games and have to make a choice which ones to get. A cricket fan who is a big fan of GTA franchise, which I am assuming are many in Aus & Eng, will prefer to buy GTA and hope to get cricket game later on off of ebay or when the price is lowered. With no GTA at the time there's less competition for thr cricket title. But for most folks on this forum it's a given they will purchase both Ashes as well as Big Ant games, but for majority of the sales, cricket will need to compete with GTAs of the gaming world.

Wise stuff. I've been telling people for a few years now: you're no longer competing just for people's money, but also for their time. And time is becoming a commodity even SCARCER than money these days.
People have so much FREE content available to them, it's difficult these days to actually persuade people to pay for anything...

shall we see this kind of graphics in the game?
11ak8w5.jpg

Completely agree with what Biggs said. Actually even now whenever we get time we play AC09 .You can't get rid off this cricket even you are a doctor or some research scholar .

Rightly said!! weneva i get time i play ac09..infact i postpone other things n play this game...:)

Chief will you be able to earn skill points for all players (except Eng & Aus) like in IC2010?

We're actually going to let you edit player's skills as you wish this year, assuming it doesn't throw up crazy anomalies in testing (it shouldn't mind!)

----------

shall we see this kind of graphics in the game?
11ak8w5.jpg

What, 2D pictures? Well, I guess we *could* do that, but we find that rendering 3D graphics enables a much better cricket gaming experience. :)

----------

Is there any chance of having PlayStation Move controls in the game?

I discuss motion controls in the upcoming podcast: stay tuned.

Hello Chief,

The next podcast,is it done or are you working on it yet;)?When can we expect it to be up:).

Sitting watching it, I suddenly realised... You know, in the entire history of this thread I can't remember anyone asking whether women's cricket would feature.
Apropos of nothing... Just an observation: is it a feature that anyone here would like/play?

----------

Hello Chief,

The next podcast,is it done or are you working on it yet;)?When can we expect it to be up:).

Is done and coming very soon.

Users who are viewing this thread