Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Just for those catching up, the release date & official platform announcement has been ... er... tweeted? ...I'll say announced on twitter...

Super excited to confirm #AshesCricket2013 is coming to Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U & PC on 21.06.13! Which platform will you be getting it on?

Follow them on twitter here... https://twitter.com/ashescricket13

6 days before my birthday, well played Chief...

Last edited:
So now the Wii U is confirmed - are you doing anything with the extra screen? I think it would be great to set fields on that - and if you were bowling having the pointer position on that screen and not the main one would be fantastic.

I'd suppose most of that sort of stuff you could do with SmartGlass and whatever Sony call that thing where you buy a PS Vita just to use as a controller?

So now the Wii U is confirmed - are you doing anything with the extra screen? I think it would be great to set fields on that - and if you were bowling having the pointer position on that screen and not the main one would be fantastic.

...Yeah, field-set would make a lot of sense. Also having that screen constantly showing a combination of stats, scoreboard, player-info etc. Lots of great options for that little feature, I imagine.

Wrapped the PC version is coming along side all the other platforms though. That's good news for us PC lot.

Chief, could you confirm whether the date is for common release or there'll be a delay for release in India?

Ummm. That's the only release date I know of... The logistical parts (manufacture, distribution etc) are not really something I get involved with.

I will see if 505 know and get back to you!

@ Chief: Thanks for giving us the release date but can u give a date for a gameplay video pls:yes

Awesome...wonder how much it will cost to get it shipped to the USA.

@ Chief: Thanks for giving us the release date but can u give a date for a gameplay video pls:yes

The general rule around these parts is that if you don't know about it, I can't tell you yet... I'm being as open as humanly possible: as soon as I can say, you'll hear it. Promise. :)

The general rule around these parts is that if you don't know about it, I can't tell you yet... I'm being as open as humanly possible: as soon as I can say, you'll hear it. Promise. :)

Thanks its just that a cricket game is being created after a very long time so very excited by the announcement of a proper cricket game..I had great hopes on "TAOC (the art of cricket)" game which released its first alpha but stopped later...

Thanks its just that a cricket game is being created after a very long time so very excited by the announcement of a proper cricket game..I had great hopes on "TAOC (the art of cricket)" game which released its first alpha but stopped later...

You don't have to worry like that with this game. TAOC was made by 2 guys in their spare time. This is a professionally produced game, being made by full time developers.

I know. I'm hoping they'll reveal how they are doing it in time for us to copy them. :D

I hear rumours that the offices are actually walking distance apart. Maybe you could just walk in and have a cup of coffee with the 'other' guy. A lot can happen over a cup of coffee, eh Chief? ;)

I hear rumours that the offices are actually walking distance apart. Maybe you could just walk in and have a cup of coffee with the 'other' guy. A lot can happen over a cup of coffee, eh Chief? ;)

Yep. That's how I got RockStar to push GTA back to give us a clear run. :spy

You don't have to refer to them as rumours either really. A simple Google search would clear that up. :)

Last edited:
Chief,
Regarding gameplay mechanics during the test match, If a spin bowler pitches the ball on bowler foot marks on 3rd or 4th or 5th day of the match. Will the ball turn more than usual?
Same with fast bowler, will the ball bounces lesser.

Yep. That's how I got RockStar to push GTA back to give us a clear run. :spy

You don't have to refer to them as rumours either really. A simple Google search would clear that up. :)

LOl:lol...But I have to say there's no competetion between GTA and Ashes Cricket 2013:D..

Users who are viewing this thread