Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Googled that Matt, still none the wiser what you are talking about :noway

I took it to mean that you have to track down and kill a unicorn. That's my usual coding solution when I hit a problem.

Googled that Matt, still none the wiser what you are talking about :noway

Think of 'ground up unicorn' in the same way you would 'puppy dogs' tails' as an ingredient.

Matt's basically saying that making online saving work is some sort of dark magic.

Last edited:
Awww. MAGIC. That's what I was missing.

Grind the Unicorn paste into the compliance guidelines. Of COURSE.

Awww. MAGIC. That's what I was missing.

Grind the Unicorn paste into the compliance guidelines. Of COURSE.

Well... Big Ant is surely bowling all its deliveries in the right areas... Are you nervous or should we expect any 'tricks' up your sleeve? ;)

Still Who knows trickstar surpass in terms of gameplay,and i think they can,they are experienced than bigant for sure,IC10 was very close to be a pretty good game...Big ant on the other hand are right on the money in terms of "Variety"...Ashes cricket 2013 is certainly going to lack "variety" in features,I hope that they bring more variety to the gameplay....

i dont know but why trickstar is not introducing online save feature,I mean i dont think (may be i am wrong) it is hard to implement,. There is some solid reason behind that,but what is it chief?

Still Who knows trickstar surpass in terms of gameplay,and i think they can,they are experienced than bigant for sure,IC10 was very close to be a pretty good game...Big ant on the other hand are right on the money in terms of "Variety"...Ashes cricket 2013 is certainly going to lack "variety" in features,I hope that they bring more variety to the gameplay....

i dont know but why trickstar is not introducing online save feature,I mean i dont think (may be i am wrong) it is hard to implement,. There is some solid reason behind that,but what is it chief?

What seems unfortunate (for AC13) is that the features introduced by BigAnt would result in a much more attractive backpage of the game disc cover....something which people rely upon while buying the game....and not all people who play these games are members of planetcricket to have such indepth knowledge on both the games. On top of that, the last two games from trickstar did leave a lot of people unhappy. So, overall, I think BigAnt has a lot of positives going for it......add to that the momentum they seem to have at present.

I personally would buy both the games, as I am just happy to see developers putting so much effort to develop cricket games....and I would love them to keep continuing the hard work.

Last edited:
What seems unfortunate (for AC13) is that the features introduced by BigAnt would result in a much more attractive backpage of the game disc cover....something which people rely upon while buying the game....and not all people who play these games are members of planetcricket to have such indepth knowledge on both the games. On top of that, the last two games from trickstar did leave a lot of people unhappy. So, overall, I think BigAnt has a lot of positives going for it......add to that the momentum they seem to have at present.

I personally would buy both the games, as I am just happy to see developers putting so much effort to develop cricket games....and I would love them to keep continuing hard work.

Spot on sir,excellent,yes variety of "Features" do look good atleast on paper...what i presume,bigant is going to sell good in Asian markets,while ashes cricket will have strong response in Australia/England (probably due to ashes) :P
I think some sort of debate must be on in the trickstar studio :D

Think of 'ground up unicorn' in the same way you would 'puppy dogs' tails' as an ingredient.

Matt's basically saying that making online saving work is some sort of dark magic.

Lol ok thanks, matts humour completely lost on me :D

It's been debated here long and hard for, what, 5 years now?
We've never been able to come up with a way to do it that fits into the compliance guidelines of the platform-holders. Various ways of trying to save a situation so that two different users could somehow come back to it (to our minds) contravened the regulations.
These regulations are (to an extent) open to interpretation, and what I've been hoping (I've put out an appeal on these forums before) is that someone could come up with another game (of any kind/genre) which did this so that we could use it as an inspiration (copy it).
But no-one has yet been able to come up with one...

Do we have a rough idea of what system specs we are going to need to play this on PC or am I going to have to either put some ground up unicorn in my laptop to improve it, or else invest in something a bit newer :(

Do we have a rough idea of what system specs we are going to need to play this on PC or am I going to have to either put some ground up unicorn in my laptop to improve it, or else invest in something a bit newer :(

Scalability is something we worked very hard on this time and by playing with graphics options hopefully everyone will find settings they can work with.
Can't give you specifics now: we're not fully optimised as yet.

That sounds good :) The newest game I have bought for the PC was Medieval Total War II, so more and more games these days are outside my laptop's capability.

Users who are viewing this thread