Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Lol: It's cool dude - *whispers* Turns out they have a whole thread on Planet Cricket, and it's PUBLIC. I can see EVERYTHING.
:spy

Hope to see your side of the cricket game I'm hoping both cricket games are success. :thumbs

Hi chief,
Wanted to ask you whether all the animations in this game a re brand new or are you using any from the previous games (IC 2009, IC2010)? After seeing the motion-cap videos, it looks like a lot of the animations are very similar to the games mentioned above. If thats the case, it would be very disappointing, as the animations in these games were very average, to say the least. They were not realistic at all.

Hi chief,
Wanted to ask you whether all the animations in this game a re brand new or are you using any from the previous games (IC 2009, IC2010)? After seeing the motion-cap videos, it looks like a lot of the animations are very similar to the games mentioned above. If thats the case, it would be very disappointing, as the animations in these games were very average, to say the least. They were not realistic at all.

Everything is brand new. Absolutely *everything*.
I wrote a big long thing in a thread somewhere all about the animations, the motion capture, the blending... I think it was on the motion capture video thread? I'll see if I can find it.

Some good thoughts here, and I'm hearing your concerns: however, I'm very happy with how much this is improving the feel of the batting. You have to remember that the capture is only PART of the process of animation: there's many layers on top, especially blending different animations... Any one action you see in this video isn't the end-product: different parts are used in combination with others...

Anyway, I appreciate your feedback: I'm taking it all on board over an egg nog.
Hope you're all having good holiday time, and my very best for an excellent new year.
Here you go. You owe me now Chief. :p

Everything is brand new. Absolutely *everything*.
I wrote a big long thing in a thread somewhere all about the animations, the motion capture, the blending... I think it was on the motion capture video thread? I'll see if I can find it.

Thanks for clarifying.....Cant wait for some gameplay vids now :)!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread