Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Anyway chief, it's back to the game.
Where is my update so i can not have a heartattack soon.:rolleyes

UPDATE: I've delayed the game a few months and removed ODI cricket entirely as a punishment for you running all over my nice clean thread with your dirty shoes on.
Now behave yourselves, or you won't get any batting powerplays.

Personally I was hoping for the Ashes to be decided by a one-off T20 international. Then again I'm temporarily Aussie and reckon that's our best chance of victory.

----------

[/COLOR]

I have nothing against indians i know lots of them but, all the ones
i know just love the shortest forms of cricket and think test cricket
is well boring.

Please if i'm wrong then that's great for cricket, maybe donkey 1982 will
come on and say how good the IPL is.:D

----------
Well actually young guys here in india do find test cricket boring.And u can see dwindling crowds in test matches here.
Though I a really fond of the waiting game.And I hate IPL.
Just Love to see Test Matches Played There in Australia.:thumbs

UPDATE: I've delayed the game a few months and removed ODI cricket entirely as a punishment for you running all over my nice clean thread with your dirty shoes on.
Now behave yourselves, or you won't get any batting powerplays.

Please nooooo, oneday cricket is better than T20 so no T20 please.
Just kidding chief, just having a little fun on here.:D

Do you want me to ask for a career mode like most of the other members.

Personally, I love Test Cricket. I have spent all my day watching it. But yes, the excitement is a little low when its one-sided. And hey, the Ind-Eng tests were decent crowd pullers.
But one thing that we aren't is a silent crowd. We yell, whistle, scream to show our support, and we don't have a fancy dress competition either :(

Hi Chief

I am just wondering what measures are taking to ensure that there is more diversity among player attributes? I feel that this is as important as bio-mechanics in creating a realistic gaming experience. Not all players are the height or weigh the same and I feel that a good game should show this.

Hi Chief

I am just wondering what measures are taking to ensure that there is more diversity among player attributes? I feel that this is as important as bio-mechanics in creating a realistic gaming experience. Not all players are the height or weigh the same and I feel that a good game should show this.

Also, and more importantly, not all cricketers play the same, and the attribute system should reflect that well (in gameplay i.e, not mere numbers). I mean, if you look at the fifa series, the player attributes play a HUGE role. Almost every player feels so different due to these attributes being implemented well in the game, along with the special abilities system (their ultimate team mode is a testimony to that). Now I know Fifa has been there since long, and its only recently that they got the attribute system right, but the important factor is that they did get it right and now other companies can emulate a similar system in their games as well without the need of trial and error. Even THQ did it with the WWE series.

Just wondering if we can make our own players, will the commentators be able to say the name of the created player? :spy

Chief, what about the cloth & hair physics? please make some changes. actually we are bored to see jersey is pasted on the body or one plastic cut out in the place of hair. :facepalm

and, from the commentary team, please remove Jonathan agnew. please.. lot of good sounds are there. say, robin jackman, sunil gavaskar, harsha bhogle, ravi shastri etc..

hi chief,
i wanna ask this question about physics/game play of the game.
Are you using the same gameplay as the previous games such as blc 2007,ashes 09(batsman selecting the direction and simply pressing hit button) or implementing a new gameplay?

my suggestion for improving gameplay is the batsman has to select the direction first and simultaneously hit the power button till power up and press the hit button again with timing to hit the ball. Also there should be a confidence meter for both batsman and bowler which fills in accordance with his performance and when the confidence meter fills to maximum he will be able to do super shot/super bowl and reset the meter .If you want to see this in action you can check out FREDDIE FLINTOFF ALLROUND CRICKET game.This is a java based mobile game.I think the gameplay is near to perfection in this game.Implementing this gameplay will add a new dimension to your game.

Just to stop the rumours before you guys get too excited...

https://us.playstation.com/meeting2013/

As far as I know, this is NOT a countdown to the first Ashes Cricket screenshots.

This may not be a count down for Ashes 2013 screenshots, but that doesn't mean you won't release screenshots on this date right Chief? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread