Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Yup. Didn't notice who is was that posted it! CaptainOZ was probably being sarcastic... ;)

Hey, just giving 79cricket a little competition ;)

In any case, the game will be terrible no matter what if the gameplay is terrible. Gotta get that right first, then combine it with statistics tracking and good tournaments.

We can only wait and see. I doubt there will be much impact from our suggestions at this stage.

I do admit that little details would make the game more entertaining. If I was to hear a trumpet start up in an England test match I don't think I could resist but smile.
I actually thought the grounds and pitch were quite well done on the last 2 games. Sure the crowd was poor, but I never played it to see the crowd. Would happily have the same crowd/stadium/pitch visuals if all the development time was devoted to gameplay and an awesome editor.
I know this has been said many times over. But so to have the questions for silly details in the crowd. I would also think it obvious now that we no longer need to give suggestions. This game will be well under way now in the development stage. Our ideas now I'm sure are no longer needed.

I think we already did our best to put forward our views on the importance of gameplay. The dev team knows its value, so why don't we talk about other stuff? And no, our suggestions are not for THIS game only, but for all future titles too.

I think we already did our best to put forward our views on the importance of gameplay. The dev team knows its value, so why don't we talk about other stuff? And no, our suggestions are not for THIS game only, but for all future titles too.

I think we have been talking about that supect also for months.
I think it's getting near the time when we see what the games have
and we go from there. The ideas are getting less and less.:D

So the next couple of months are going to be slow then we should
start to get into the meat of the games, well ashes 2013.
Who knows about bigant.:spy

Yes, it's like the infuriating cut scene before every match in Fifa, where the club emblem is shown and one of their players is seen scoring a goal. It looks good the first time, the 5,00th team you want to stab your eyeballs out with forks.

Bloody stupid system: I hate it. Couldn't EA design some sort of dynamic camera that provides a subtly different entrance scene every time? Or should that be 'would' as opposed to 'could'? ;)

Bloody stupid system: I hate it. Couldn't EA design some sort of dynamic camera that provides a subtly different entrance scene every time? Or should that be 'would' as opposed to 'could'? ;)

I don't want them to make a different entrance scene every time (your irony has been noted). I want them to cut out that extra bit of pressing a button that I have to do in order to get to the game itself. Why not have a simple cut scene with the players lining up for the handshake that I only need to press a button once to skip and get into the game?

Before I get accused of going off topic, this applies to AC2013 as well. In IC2010 there were several button presses between loading match up and getting to the first ball. I don't really need to see a cut scene for the toss, I can have that before I load a game up in the menus. Then we can get straight into the action.

It is almost end of Jan....still the developers have nothing to share with us??? Hehe...same story....a year before release developers are here answering all questions and then vanish :(!!! If nothing, just keep us updated with what plans you have for the game :(!

It is almost end of Jan....still the developers have nothing to share with us??? Hehe...same story....a year before release developers are here answering all questions and then vanish :(!!! If nothing, just keep us updated with what plans you have for the game :(!

I feel your pain mate, try to just wait or people
on here will get annoyed with you.:D

I have a feeling feb will be a better month, that's not hard.:lol

:spy

A year before release is when feedback is most useful so it can be incorporated into our designs.
Then we make the game and share it with you when it is ready.
I'm here reading throughout and answering questions when I can.

Where did I go wrong? :)

Last edited:
Hey chief, What about some screenies to keep the interest up here.

No worries: Not sure how long these will keep people busy though...
As I just said, I promise I will share stuff with you when I can: please be patient. :)

There will be another Dev Diary and a podcast coming soon.

Where did I go wrong? :)

Well nowhere really.....just feeling a little impatient now :p!! I come to this site every single day to check this forum.....so getting more and more impatient :)!

----------

As I just said, I promise I will share stuff with you when I can: please be patient. :)

Hehe...nice one...:)! Cant wait for the Dev Diary :)!!!

You have done nothing wrong, just remember these are the super cricket
fans on here, cricket fans plus gaming fans.:D

God that's the best looooking cricket game ever.:p
Which one is clarkey, i do hope we get screens in feb sometime.
I know you did not promise but i'm hoping anyway.:cheers

You didn't go wrong anywhere. People seem to think its your duty to post updates every day. People need to remember that your presence is a privilege and not a right.

I second this, not because i agree with everything you say but
looking at all the insight chief has given us.

I guess people have to think, chief is not going to post screens
or big news till his bosses give him the greenlight.

But unlike bigant, chief likes to talk cricket in lots of different ways.
Trying to show us there passion for the love of cricket i would say.

I'm not saying bigant are wrong, all i'm saying is they opened up so fast and
well closed there doors fast. Reason well people asking to much and
yes i'm am one of them.
Still learn from your mistakes and try to post something insightful.:cheers:spy

Users who are viewing this thread