Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Haha Chief, good point. Don't think there will be many takers for that.
PS: You'd need to get the hair animated and not static for that! :-P

Wise stuff. I've been telling people for a few years now: you're no longer competing just for people's money, but also for their time. And time is becoming a commodity even SCARCER than money these days.
People have so much FREE content available to them, it's difficult these days to actually persuade people to pay for anything...

That's another aspect and quite true. As an example I always play Madden series and any cricket game which is available. I want to play other games but I don't have enough time to do so. A series like Madden is so exhaustive that you can easily play it the whole year without getting bored. The years there's no cricket game I go for Tennis or Soccer but I have made a rule that I would only play sports games else I wouldn't have time for anything else. I used to be a big fan of Doom and similar shooter games but there simply isn't enough time.

Another factor most people miss out is the impact of smart phones and cheap online games, i.e. something you buy off of itunes for 99 cents. I mean take a look at Angry Birds or Stick Cricket popularity. In old days people would have had to buy games for entertainment but now most casual gamers can simply go to an online store and get decent enough games for a dollar or thereabouts!

Last edited:
Sitting watching it, I suddenly realised... You know, in the entire history of this thread I can't remember anyone asking whether women's cricket would feature.
Apropos of nothing... Just an observation: is it a feature that anyone here would like/play?

I would love to play as I have been following the Women's world cup and I must say that its surely impressive ....They might not get the seam and speed as men but the swing and the line they bowl is awesome .......So :thumbs for sure:cheers And by the way for that speed of bowling PS3 move would be awesome to play with..

I would love to play as I have been following the Women's world cup and I must say that its surely impressive ....They might not get the seam and speed as men but the swing and the line they bowl is awesome .......So :thumbs for sure:cheers And by the way for that speed of bowling PS3 move would be awesome to play with..

I think there is still a much bigger gulf perceived than actually is between the sexes - I still see a huge difference in football, but with Cricket I think it's more possible to make up more in technique where they are behind in physicality. The same way that occurs in race driving where women are now becoming more commonplace competing against men. In horse-racing even more so.
The Sarah Taylor situation at Sussex will be very interesting as it develops.

Sitting watching it, I suddenly realised... You know, in the entire history of this thread I can't remember anyone asking whether women's cricket would feature.
Apropos of nothing... Just an observation: is it a feature that anyone here would like/play?

Yup.Then just add a mini league or trophy with few women teams.Dont mess it with other things.Hope the graphics would be realistic.:p
If you do that,I think you would be the first to bring women in a sport game.Even FIFA/PES dont have that. :D

Yup.Then just add a mini league or trophy with few women teams.Dont mess it with other things.Hope the graphics would be realistic.:p
If you do that,I think you would be the first to bring women in a sport game.Even FIFA/PES dont have that. :D

EA are doing it this year with Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 - the LPGA tour is in it!

EA are doing it this year with Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 - the LPGA tour is in it!

Tennis games have had women players in them for years.

We're actually going to let you edit player's skills as you wish this year, assuming it doesn't throw up crazy anomalies in testing (it shouldn't mind!)

Thanks! :D

Don't even think about putting women's cricket in.

90% of sports involving women are complete cack and are of no interest

Stick to ironing and cleaning lady's

[/COLOR]

I was more trying to think of sport where women and men face off as equals, rather than in gender-seperate sports...

----------

Don't even think about putting women's cricket in.

90% of sports involving women are complete cack and are of no interest

Stick to ironing and cleaning lady's

Awww. Lee! I always liked you right up till that outburst. Say it ain't so! Irony right?

----------

Users who are viewing this thread