Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

I don't often make demands for video; but I think its important on this occasion - can anyone who has the game (St0ney does, dunno about anyone else yet) record a video of an entire over - if you see that much wrong with 12s; early September knows how much you'll see with six times more!
I'll be streaming it at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HpIwQhR6bA - as soon as my download finishes - sitting on ~5 minutes left.

Last edited by a moderator:
The non facing batsman has a nice twitch. Seriously though, gameplay looks great. Graphically it needs to be ironed out but im finding that in test mode its quite realistic

What are you taking, and can I have some?

MattW: I'm tuning in now, I'm waiting for this over the actual test match; it'll be funnier!

e: please open comments; it'd be funny on this one occasion...

Think about this...

The PC build was fine. It was the console versions that were causing the issues.

Just let that sink in for a moment...

Why does the bowler (Starc, I think) go so wide on the crease just as he delivers the ball?

The only positive thing I can say is that Starc clapping his hands after the wicket looks nice. That is it really.

when all the gamers get together for a party in heaven, while the playstation and xboxers are on the dancefloor making out with cheerleaders and PC gamers are playing lord of the rings role play, in the corner sad and ignored will be sega Saturn owners and people who bought Ashes Cricket 13.

Even the Sega Saturn owners will be looking down on the AC13 players.

Haha, I've got both.. Sega Saturn wasn't that bad, Sega Rally Championship with a steering wheel was great actually.

There will be a guy, and a girl, in the bathroom, cutting themselves with a blade they stole out of the medicine cupboard.. That was the couple that bought the new Sim City.. As my download for this glitchy cricket game finishes, I can console myself that nothing will make me feel as miserable as the new Sim City did..

Im still trying to figure it out....did you come to a conclusion?

Using process of elimination I had to come to the conclusion the batsman was caught behind coz the umps don't usually raise their fingers when the batsman is out bowled :lol

ok im loading another video of a run out and watch the bowler who runs him out dancing as his celebration had me in stiches :lol

Im still trying to figure it out....did you come to a conclusion?

no idea... I reckon he didn't hit it... seemed to go through cleanly.

but what the hell is mark Nicholas actually saying? sounds like "it was right but it sure got picked"... what the buggery balls does that even mean? no cricket commentator has ever, or will ever, put those words in the same sentence. he could have read a paragraph picked at random from Pride and Prejudice and it would have made more contextual sense.

Game is buggy as hell... another year in development it would have potential. I like the speed of the fast bowelrs

no idea... I reckon he didn't hit it... seemed to go through cleanly.

but what the hell is mark Nicholas actually saying? sounds like "it was right but it sure got picked"... what the buggery balls does that even mean? no cricket commentator has ever, or will ever, put those words in the same sentence. he could have read a paragraph picked at random from Pride and Prejudice and it would have made more contextual sense.

I think I've found the answer to your question...

Last edited:
when all the gamers get together for a party in heaven, while the playstation and xboxers are on the dancefloor making out with cheerleaders and PC gamers are playing lord of the rings role play, in the corner sad and ignored will be sega Saturn owners and people who bought Ashes Cricket 13.

Even the Sega Saturn owners will be looking down on the AC13 players.

AC13 owners... SPLITTERS!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread