Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

I always thought that chief was out of this project long time back, & nothing to do with him!

He was certainly off the project around June/July when the release date was postponed until November... But as Dutch mentioned somewhere, there's quite a lot of things he was discussing being in the game that have clearly not made the final product... I don't think it's right to hold him responsible for that, but there's been A LOT of wool being pulled over our eyes since July, if not before. We're absolutely entitled to ask the questions...

...but true to form, I can't see anyone coming forward to talk or answer any of em.

Pretty spineless.

It's difficult to understand why they released.

No matter what the contract says, surely canning the game would have been less damaging for the devs, publisher and the Ashes brand.

Upside : hilarious youtubes!

Yeah, can't do anything about the damage now, just have to laugh, and I mean seriously, it's VFF.

At least they tried to hide it by releasing at same time as Xbox One... The press is too busy doing other things to care.

----------

He was certainly off the project around June/July when the release date was postponed until November... But as Dutch mentioned somewhere, there's quite a lot of things he was discussing being in the game that have clearly not made the final product... I don't think it's right to hold him responsible for that, but there's been A LOT of wool being pulled over our eyes since July, if not before. We're absolutely entitled to ask the questions...

...but true to form, I can't see anyone coming forward to talk or answer any of em.

Pretty spineless.

The game has not changed since I saw it six months ago. Take from that what you will but it's a big stretch for anyone involved to play the Bart Simpson "I didn't do it line".

All that has been done since that time is get it right for consoles, which apparently good sources tell me it is and may be unleashed upon us for further damage.

I'm genuinely looking forward to more youtubes. Priceless stuff.

It's a gaming gem, sort of.

No keyboard, mouse nor joypad is required, the game just does it's own thing...

All that has been done since that time is get it right for consoles, which apparently good sources tell me it is and may be unleashed upon us for further damage.

Ross, don't you think AC13 console release's a moot point at this time? Clearly they are not in a position to release a console version else they would have unleashed it on us by now, or at the very least promised a console version by Dec 6th or so instead of advertising a PC DVD only release. Anything in 2014 is a non-factor unless DBC doesn't release in 2013.

You want me to second guess these clowns?

At least I know they're watching, F Ross indeed, badge of honour.

You want me to second guess these clowns?

At least I know they're watching, F Ross indeed, badge of honour.

You don't have to as they don't hold any cards. The Dec 6th PC DVD release is an admission of the same. If they were in a position to release console versions they would have done so. If this is what they could come up with on PC, which by all accounts was the most "stable" version, do you really think they can release anything on consoles where they were facing major issues related to memory leaks etc.?

The only thing they can do at this point is muddy the waters and try to mislead folks into believing console version is round the corner, but looking at the state of the PC version I think we can all see it's extremely unlikely to happen.

Just went into EB to purchase Ryse, asked how's Bradman doing (we had the promo box up), "ok, but apparently Ashes is coming out, really looking forward to it"...

Just went into EB to purchase Ryse, asked how's Bradman doing (we had the promo box up), "ok, but apparently Ashes is coming out, really looking forward to it"...

How is that possible though? Unless eb is living in their own world or something? Surely they must have seen the reviews on steam and other sites. Do they even now that the game is out on steam?

Ross, would it make a difference if you just released nets in CA beta (I think u said u already had the tech in place to do that). It could really work well for you now, as people have already seen the gameplay mechanics, so the surprise factor is not as valid as it was before, and the nets in dbc14 would provide more gameplay value to the potential customers than AC13, and will also help in comparing the two games and the reaction of the fans for the two games, thus showing to the retailers that there is indeed an awesome cricket game coming.

Last edited:
Angy, no one knows it's out, check official FB, Twitter, etc... I haven't even seen tweets from people that worked on it. Very proud.

Angy, no one knows it's out, check official FB, Twitter, etc... I haven't even seen tweets from people that worked on it. Very proud.

Wtf. We should let it be known then. This is crazy. Maybe we should sign a petition or something. We have to do something now guys else we would not see DBC14 anytime soon. Let's do our bit. Any suggestions what we can do though????

I think guys working on these stores should be knowledgeable, be on such forums, be able to source information first hand before us consumers,,,utter nonsense that guys we think know much about games, are infact in the dark like a blind mice

Just last week, I was having a chat with guys from BT Games S.A, and was amazed how one of them was still holding up to his trAshes 13 pre-order, I wish I could go there and lough it out on his face

Users who are viewing this thread