Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Putting the game (if you can even call it that) to one side for a minute, which bright spark decided to release it on Steam before on physical disk? If their aim was to minimise losses then you'd have thought they'd have released them at the same time (with the pre-order of the game available on Steam from the 21st to coincide with the start of The Ashes), rather than on Steam first, which will no doubt result in A LOT of people cancelling their pre-orders for the physical disk version after seeing the reviews.

From the perspective of the consumer, however, this is of course great!

how amazing is it that being bowled out for 136 wasn't the most embarrassing thing the English cricket team were associated with yesterday? :eek:

...good chance they saw the game with the same name and raced back to the hotel to play it it.

Posted this back on September 19, Have updated the date for posterity... :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 31
Been playing this game this morning and I must say I am loving this amazing cricket game.:p

PS I like the commentary team, sometimes they get it wrong but it's a plus for the game(small one), also the sound in the game is ok, when it works.

Now for the thing I hate the most in the game, this game cheats and is the hardest cricket game I have played in a long time.
Its also random with it's gameplay, one minute you are hitting the bowl all over the park then the Bugs are jealous and come after you.

It's sometimes funny but god how has this been released ever, if 505 games wanted to do something right I would have released this for free, sure people would have still hated the game but at least there would be no money problem.

I do wonder if Mike M and Ross have played it at there office with a few beer, some fun for 20 min or so.

PS Ross with the release of a real cricket game ours. How will you go forward with this, meaning do you talk to the retailers in EB and JB and other large video shops. Do you wait till people forget Ashes 2013 before releasing your game but how long could that take, even if you released DBC14 at the end of next year people still would not trust a cricket game as many people I talk to at work thing cricket games will never be good.

I guess maybe you could think like the English will this morning, that was a bad day but today is a new day and a new start.:spy

well the guys who have bought it have already got their moneys worth.stoneys affection for it is infectious

@79C It wouldn't hurt for retailers to understand how seriously bad it is. If they do release at retail it will hurt 505 and their distribution partners as the game will be returned.

I would return mine of I could however I tried yesterday and Steam said no. Not because I need the twenty bucks back but I have a serious issue with being ripped off!

The game does not have any redeeming qualities at all, there is not *one* thing that I can point to my guys - "hey guys they did this well, next time we have to...."

Working backwards it is plain to see that all of those involved in this game have known since February that this game was going to be a disaster and not get any better. Dutch is on the money.

@79C It wouldn't hurt for retailers to understand how seriously bad it is. If they do release at retail it will hurt 505 and their distribution partners as the game will be returned.

I would return mine of I could however I tried yesterday and Steam said no. Not because I need the twenty bucks back but I have a serious issue with being ripped off!

The game does not have any redeeming qualities at all, there is not *one* thing that I can point to my guys - "hey guys they did this well, next time we have to...."

Working backwards it is plain to see that all of those involved in this game have known since February that this game was going to be a disaster and not get any better. Dutch is on the money.

isn't even that a bit charitable? it must have been clear almost immediately they started work...

and seriously, what was with the whole charade they were going through discussing features, dlc etc? the level of deception has been astonishing.

...what was with the whole charade they were going through discussing features, dlc etc? the level of deception has been astonishing.

That's my beef too... what a absolute load of horseshit. All this baffling month-long talk of stuff being "turned on" in the game and optimization. If I could be bothered I'd go back through the painfully boring "WIP Updates" and try and match them with the end result. It's all complete utter rubbish... what EXACTLY would be included in any ongoing DLC for this product? Correct animations?

Furthermore, they've said there's no DRS because the umpires don't make mistakes, yet there's a video which clearly shows the umpire signaling a No Ball then giving the batsman out anyway!

W. T. F.

...on the upside, this tragic game has brought Blocker and I together in a unified stand, I feel like we should hug and collect our tears or something. What an abortion for cricket fans. I guess the other upside is anything else by comparison is now a masterpiece... Not sure if that's a good thing for you Ross, but it's something.

Last edited:
Still the biggest questions was not answered, no release ever on console that's for sure for ashes. If you release DBC14 next month as we all hope you do but at the same time will understand if you need sometime between them and you. I just hope it works out because even if your game does not sell as good as you hope it will still sell miles better than Trickstar crap.

PS I lowered my score to 26%, never scored a cricket game that low.:rolleyes

PS How long till Trickstar are out of business guys.
MattW/Ross want score would you give it.

----------

Biggs/Blocker is that love I am feeling, is it the love planetcricket has been waiting for. A bright light in a dark 24 hours.:D

Just wondering if anyone else managed a night match?
aEVw7iL.jpg

They forgot to "turn it ALL on". Earth hour?

Why is this even a surprise to some people still.? When Fegan left in ahurry, this should have been expected.

There is surprise, and SURPRISE - if you are telling me that you seriously predicted it would be this bad then I'm not going to believe anything else you say :p (either that or show me your TARDIS - looking forward to tomorrow! :) )

is there no one, no one, anywhere with the balls to come and explain this to us?

Apparently not.

However right from the start we were told that the game had been built from scratch and that from the moment Jamie Firth announced here that the game was being developed in September 2012 the game had already been in development for nine months before that and had been built from scratch....

Depends who you listen too - MF said three years.

isn't even that a bit charitable? it must have been clear almost immediately they started work...

and seriously, what was with the whole charade they were going through discussing features, dlc etc? the level of deception has been astonishing.

I think they would have had the best intentions at the start, but it would have been February in my estimation that they would have known that it would; A) Always be a trainwreck regardless of when it was released and B) It would not be making June 21st. It is what has been said from February onwards that people should take issue with.

Last edited:
...on the upside, this tragic game has brought Blocker and I together in a unified stand, I feel like we should hug and collect our tears or something. What an abortion for cricket fans. I guess the other upside is anything else by comparison is now a masterpiece... Not sure if that's a good thing for you Ross, but it's something.

the worst thing is the other day someone speculated on DBC delaying and releasing all formats including next gen together... snowy said there was more chance of me you and him agreeing on something than that... and here we are, all agreeing.

so that'll be DBC in June next year!

Not sure if that's a good thing for you Ross, but it's something.

I hate to use this word as it has been oft misused in this thread, but honestly, it's the second worst outcome for us.

The worst outcome for us financially would have been a stellar game that just wiped the floor with us. Would have been great for you guys, competition at work etc...

The second worst outcome is this game being *that bad*, you don't have to go far on the internet today to find comments like "all cricket games suck" etc...

the worst thing is the other day someone speculated on DBC delaying and releasing all formats including next gen together... snowy said there was more chance of me you and him agreeing on something than that... and here we are, all agreeing.

so that'll be DBC in June next year!

That was me.

"

The one time in my life I didn't want to be right. People keep saying that I am over-reacting. Couldn't care less. The people involved in this game have lied to us and knew ages ago what the state of play was. Not only have they lied they have willingly released a load of rubbish just for the sake of their own needs. Abysmal.

You know there are many things in life a million times more important to me in life: my child, my sock draw, chocolate but I can honestly say that this whole sorry affair has left me with an urge to punch someone right in the Gordon Bennetts.

Users who are viewing this thread