Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

I just wonder how the $&$^ did they get out of jail at Lords? The gig should have been up back then.

That Lords event was a bit of a mess too though. Nobody allowed to play the thing to start with. I believe they really only showed off the fielding controls?

...you don't have to go far on the internet today to find comments like "all cricket games suck"

It's essentially had the effect of poisoning the well before your game "invades" the town, essentially. In a way, I think we all underestimated that kinda negative result this game would bring. I mean, nobody genuinely expected it to be good, but to be a complete and total mess like this... you're right, nobody in the wider-community really wants a cricket game now.

This is what I meant when I predicted a "burning of the crops" - check out Russian history...

To be fair Mike F has done an excellent job with all the bug-polishing: they really do stand out nice and shiny now.

Where's Chief at...?

Tbh i really don't blame chief in the whole mess, as he was under numerous NDA's to reveal anything. What strikes me the most is how.MF managed to come here at PC knowing the game is in trouble and try to establish relationship with his potential buyers of the product that his company is making.

Come september he decided its enuf and just left everything in the dark.

I just wonder how the $&$^ did they get out of jail at Lords? The gig should have been up back then.

Now we know what those two English cricketers were laughing at when playing the game..

----------

The second worst outcome is this game being *that bad*, you don't have to go far on the internet today to find comments like "all cricket games suck" etc...

I personally haven't found anything like that just yet, but I think it's our responsibility to educate the masses and inform them there is another option that has already been shown to the public with high praise and expectation that will save the sport/day.

Now we know what those two English cricketers were laughing at when playing the game..

----------

I personally haven't found anything like that just yet, but I think it's our responsibility to educate the masses and inform them there is another option that has already been shown to the public with high praise and expectation that will save the sport/day.

It would certainly be appreciated if messages could be sent to the relevant licensor websites/facebook indicating what people think of the game. Such messages should be extremely polite and factual in nature.

Where's Chief at...?

I always thought that chief was out of this project long time back, & nothing to do with him!

----------

They forgot to "turn it ALL on". Earth hour?

No Ross, it was part of their plan in new features listed - dynamic pitch & weather conditions. Once stadia lights go off, sun will rise! So balanced lighting, something which we need to target in reality as well. :p

It would certainly be appreciated if messages could be sent to the relevant licensor websites/facebook indicating what people think of the game. Such messages should be extremely polite and factual in nature.

Well I've sent a very polite message just then to Cricket Australia about this game. I'm not usually one to do this type of thing, but I do feel that it needed to be done.

They main point that I made is:
Would CA/ECB allow any other license product onto the marketplace that is so poor and half finished? It's embarrassing and damaging for their brand, and it makes that brand worthless in the video gaming forms.

Hopefully, the product is withdrawn from sale. I wouldn't be expecting refunds, but if this stinker can be removed from Steam, that will be better for everybody.

Hopefully it will stay on Steam only and will be like Windows ME and we can just pretend it didn't happen.

https://plus.google.com/+cricbuzz/posts
188096327.jpg

Just saw this on the cricbuzz google plus page! EVERYONE loves burning stumps!!

Surely no retailers would pick this tripe up to sell it.

OFF TOPIC: How good are the real Ashes going from an Aussie perspective. All over by the 3rd test hey... Only if it's an Australian victory :lol

As luck would have it for me i only have a mac, so i was forced not to buy this version, because i'm certain i would've given it a go.

But for people complaining about not getting a refund, Those of you living in australia are protected...

RETURNING GOODS | The Checkout | Thursdays, 8pm on ABC1 - YouTube

If there are groups of you enquiring, it will be heard..

And it would be nice to get legal with them as they tried with Bigant....

My 2 cents

Users who are viewing this thread