MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
A big question mark is that game he simulated. England vs NZ? I can't see how you could ever get a realistic score from this game.
Here's a simulated Ashes series:

Q9Z4z5j.jpg

RLjqU1P.jpg

b4JM2ks.jpg

nreVccQ.jpg

DedK3IV.jpg

xKVVtx3.jpg

Yes, the traditional 'Ashes Cricket 2013' shield.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
You simulated that?

Interesting, those are realistic scores overall (sort of) although lots of part timer wickets.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Matt, that simulated series has pretty obvious errors with I.Bell taking wickets - I'm assuming that's the catch-credit-as-wicket error you found?

I'll put it this way. No matter whom was on this game if you had shown me the build we have today back in March I would have known it was not making either Ashes let alone June, July or August - and that's with a six months better build than was available at that time.

That Lords session is just a mystery, because there was a room FULL of people but apparently the game was hard to see? Such a bizzare event Given there's no video and barely any images it's really hard to do a comparison of what was there and what we have now. As you say, it's kinda ridiculous anyway because this is the game we've got AFTER an additional delay for "finessing" the product...

The game should have been killed 8 weeks prior to June 21st, that's when the ship hit the iceberg with Chief and everyone on board, but the iceberg was on the horizon for a good 6 months prior.

There's certainly a direct correlation with Chief leaving and major problems appearing. I think we can safely assume that the delay in getting assets and images from the game had less to do with the licensee approval and more to do with Ashes being an unplayable mess... Even when we did finally get images they were riddled with errors, they were "supposedly" approved.

The idea that they are still taking orders on Steam is astounding.

I'll do you one better, the idea it was ever released for sale in this state is astounding.

Frostyvegi

Club Captain
Here's a simulated Ashes series:

Yes, the traditional 'Ashes Cricket 2013' shield.

Is there any way to play the game CPU vs CPU and actually watch it? I am guessing you'd get a different result if you simulate it real time.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
No, I can't get ai v ai :(

That would have been hysterical.

----------

Get on metacritic and make sure they get what they deserve.

Frostyvegi

Club Captain
They can pull FB but they can't pull Metacritic.

Ashes Cricket 2013 for PC Reviews - Metacritic

I'm the one pushing people to put reviews on Metacritic wherever possible. A while ago when I started comparing the Ashes 13/DBC 14 competition with the DayZ/WarZ competition, I was wondering how Ashes 13 would rate on metacritic.. non seriously wondered if it would be voted the worst PC game ever... nope.. never thought it would rate worse than Big Rigs Racing.. a game where the AI just do not compete.. like, seriously.. the AI sit at the starting line and do not move at any stage.. it is impossible to loose. The game also features realistic physics which allows you to drive up vertical walls, and when you complete the race the game advises you 'You're Winner'.

Of course, there are alot of fake votes for 10/10 from users on Metacritic which warps the results.

Oh.. the reason I mention DayZ vs WarZ is that the developer of WarZ is the developer of Big Rigs Racing.

Last edited:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I just want to see some critic reviews. If you know anyone Ross, I've got some Steam codes I can send.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Unfortunately not, because I can imagine that would be fantastic viewing.

If there was ever a mod needed for this game, this is it.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
The final innings of the Melbourne test would have been amazing viewing.

That's what I don't get. All the other innings are somewhat realistic (except for the bowler stats obviously). And then there is just a random 6/24 from 63.5 overs!

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yes and in Career mode you can watch from the pavilion also, or the field as MattW did.

Users who are viewing this thread