Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

This is game is just waste of money ....h

----------

Meanwhile ...Ashes 2013 game FB page is deleted

Yes correct, it appears as if the Facebook page is no longer which is a shame as I was enjoying reading all the abuse on there :(

I wonder why it got taken down?

It looks to me, 505 & MF trying to hide it from general public so that they can still get some more buyers, hoping that may be retailers do not see the outcry from cricket game fans and unleash another round with console release. Who knows to what low they can go.
:mad :eek: :(

I request everyone to post into their twitter handle also which is still up.

Get on metacritic and make sure they get what they deserve.

Ashes Cricket 2013 FB page may be down but you can still complain to 505 Games at their website, 505 Games' FB page and their twitter. It would make more sense to complain to 505 Games than Trickstar/AC13 FB page as 505 Games have a lot more to lose. Do refer the metacritic review page for the game as well so other 505 customers are also aware of the cr@p 505 Games published.

----------

Chief and the crew are more like the Joker now, rather than the dark knight. Right Biggs?

Chief's participation in this monstrosity is still unknown and I feel like he has too much integrity to support such an abomination.

I'm on the fence with Chief. From what we know the game we've got differs only slightly from the one back in July, quite possibly it's worse... We've basically been duped and they're all culpable in some way. Including Chief.

I said it earlier (after the June 21st fiasco) and I will say it again... Chief is as culpable as others. Go through the Ask Chief thread and then look at the videos of the AC13 game. Do you really believe anything Chief mentioned at the time? Plus Chief always does a runner as soon as shyte hits the fan. He did so after June 21st and has done so now again. But I'm sure he will come back when things are back to normal as he always does.

Yes and in Career mode you can watch from the pavilion also, or the field as MattW did.

That is awesome!! thanks :)

That will be really good in career mode especially if its a close game, watch from the pavillion yelling at your team mates when they mobile up haha

That Lords session is just a mystery, because there was a room FULL of people but apparently the game was hard to see?.

I don't think there is much mystery to it. It seems almost impossible that a better game than this was shown at that lord's session, and I cannot believe that even in that small room + small tv, people could not see how bad this game was.

Hi Guys,

As promised here is my weekly WIP update on the production side from last week's activities in layman's terms:

Memory leaks - We made some good progress on the console memory leak issue that has plagued us for a few months now. Our art team has produced some really nice HD assets for the game but the challenge has been trying to turn them on in the game with impacting frame rate or causing system crashes through not having enough memory. We are also trying to balance these things to make the game look really good without impacting frame rate and try to eliminate any class A crash bugs caused by memory leaks. We have also significantly reduced the loading times for the game and the memory leak resolution work will continue again this week as we endeavour to get everything turned on and running at an acceptable frame rate and well within memory in the next few weeks.

Bugs - We have created a number of crash bugs & other bugs in the process so we are addressing these daily which will continue right up to submission. Obviously not.

DLC content - The guys are currently working on including all the planned DLC content into the game over the next few weeks. Are you sure about that?

Graphics - We are working on improving lighting/shaders in the game to make everything sharper in the game. Unity are also assisting on this front so we expect to see a marked improvement in the overall graphical look of the game. I beg your pardon?

Bug Fixing/Optimisation - This work continues with 505 Games helping us greatly appointing two external QA companies to be involved in this process. Shortly, we will have 24/7 QA up & running on daily game builds which will no doubt help us produce cleaner code going into submissions. Didn't happen.

Multiplayer - The programming guys are also busy on multiplayer implementation and testing for consoles. Really?

This week's priorities - memory leak resolution, more content inclusion, improve graphics, fielder logic update, multiplayer work continues and general bug fixing and optimisations. Are you sh1tting me?

Further updates to follow and I will continue to answer questions as they arise.

Cheers,
Mike

A quote from 5th August. LOL.

Needs more votes before the inevitable "10's" come in (one already has).

Yes and in Career mode you can watch from the pavilion also

Love it.

Can I make the somewhat frivolous suggestion of dressing room mini games as a future franchise feature?

Holy crap, and what about making the dressing room an RPG style hub where you can talk to your team mates / coaches, construct your own lightsaber and explore alien romance options?

----------

true story : I used to play Cricket 2004 as if it had a batsman career mode, autoplaying the bowling and the wickets before and after I batted.

Except you couldn't autoplay the other batsman when you were batting. My teammates got run out an awful lot trying to get me back on strike.

Can I make the somewhat frivolous suggestion of dressing room mini games as a future franchise feature?

After shower towel whipping CHALLENGE!

Thanks to whoever updated the wikipedia page, if it was anyone on here. Made a slight adjustments to the Metacritic external link as the tag used was causing it to stuff up.

Not sure if some of it gets reverted, particulary the end bit, but it's not too bad.

4 more reviews required on metacritic before the rating (weighted average) is published.

Users who are viewing this thread