Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Just logged into my Steam account and was greeted with this on the Ashes Community page:

"Most popular community and official game content for the past week"

I think its very obvious by now that this game is a tribute to American pop culture -
MJ's smooth moves
Aliens
Squidward's tentacle dance
Twerking
Planking
etc...

I think you guys need to realize that this is much much more than just a silly little cricket game ..

It seems like an endless circle with one outcome...

to make dbc release, one needs to stop ashes to sell in the market so that it does not create negativity around cricket games. To stop ashes, one need to create an overwhelming negativity around the game. To create that a LOT of people need to be aware of the (currently) limited release, which in turn makes MANY have a bad taste in the mouth regarding cricket games and we are back to having retailers not wanting a cricket game.

Am i overthinking it?

Edit: hilarous banner!

It seems like an endless circle with one outcome...

to make dbc release, one needs to stop ashes to sell in the market so that it does not create negativity around cricket games. To stop ashes, one need to create an overwhelming negativity around the game. To create that a LOT of people need to be aware of the (currently) limited release, which in turn makes MANY have a bad taste in the mouth regarding cricket games and we are back to having retailers not wanting a cricket game.

Am i overthinking it?

Edit: hilarous banner!

Time to hit the sack my friend ..:cheers

The posts below are clearly matter of fact and are not meant to draw an inference that a conflict of interest occurred in the funding assessment of Rotorhead by Screen Australia.

Well the producer of the game, one of the guys "on the couch" in the videos, left them and went to Screen Australia back in March.

"NEW INVESTMENT MANAGER
Welcome to Justin Halliday, who joins Screen Australia as the Investment Manager for our new Interactive & Multi-platform Unit this week. Justin has worked in games development in Melbourne for over 20 years. He started in the industry at Beam Software, working on titles for the original Nintendo Entertainment System, and since then he has held roles as a designer, producer and creative director on over 20 games for consoles, computers and mobile platforms. Most recently, he was the Creative Director at Trickstar Games."

Screen Australia News March 2013

Not saying there is any conflict but Justin's move later paid off for Trickstar (handsomely):

Media Releases 2013: Creative games supported by Screen Australia - notably, "Rotorhead (VIC) Trickstar Games"

Creative games supported by Screen Australia

ROTORHEAD
Genre Action, first-person shooter
Trickstar Games
Developers Mike Fegan, Tony Parkes, Andrei Nadin, Tommy Mayer
Synopsis Rotorhead is an action flying game with fast-paced, action-oriented cinematic gameplay, which places the player in command of one of the most deadly pieces of military hardware ? an assault gunship. Take control of the sky as you and your squad ? a crusty band of ex-special-ops warhorses known collectively as ?Rotorheads? ? make sure no man is left behind.

This shambles just needs to be removed from history, buried and forgotten. If there was any physical copies of the game, I am quite sure they would be buried next to ET.

I'd usually start a post like this with "you'll never guess but" - though I assume by now people have no expectations.

Lowering the fielding stats for players seems to at worst make no difference, and seemingly improves things. There were still plenty of overthrows, but after several overs I didn't experience any of the random throws backwards and forwards or things like that.

Might try maxing out all of the stats...

Well, can your bowlers bowl backwards?

I also just realised that the ball is red.

Looks pink to me

Although that is as helpful as the deckchairs on the titanic being pink

Lowering the fielding stats for players seems to at worst make no difference, and seemingly improves things. There were still plenty of overthrows, but after several overs I didn't experience any of the random throws backwards and forwards or things like that.

Did you get the same glitchy-fielding though? Or the Keeper doing the weird "looking in the wrong direction until the ball is released?"

Not sure if I want to see how the game functions with maxed out stats...

Users who are viewing this thread