Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Chief, when can we expect the official promotion for the game to begin? April or may?

I prefer Ducks to Chickens...

Get it -- 'Ducks', you know, cricket... Out for 0...

I know - don't give up my day job... :wave

Chief in the previous two games you knew whether the AI had nicked the ball or not as it would go straight to catching cam!

Is there anything you can say regarding that and if there is a way this time to add a little more suspence to the did he did he not hit it situation?

Hey Chief, just want to ask will this game actually replicate cricket and capture the flow of the game? Much like FIFA when you see it on screen it looks like fluid how a football match does. I know cricket is a different beast altogether but in previous games it just felt so choppy and unrealistic, just the flow and pace felt so awkward in previous games. So it would be cool if when getting an edge for example it felt intense and real and not like the previous games where it'd change to some funky camera and stuff

Hey Chief, just want to ask will this game actually replicate cricket and capture the flow of the game? Much like FIFA when you see it on screen it looks like fluid how a football match does. I know cricket is a different beast altogether but in previous games it just felt so choppy and unrealistic, just the flow and pace felt so awkward in previous games. So it would be cool if when getting an edge for example it felt intense and real and not like the previous games where it'd change to some funky camera and stuff

I somewhat agree with your statement regarding the fluidity. I think I did mention more than once that the animations in the previous games were horrible. Really keen on hearing what the Chief thought about the animation in the previous game and what they thought needed improvement (and is actually improved upon now)

I somewhat agree with your statement regarding the fluidity. I think I did mention more than once that the animations in the previous games were horrible. Really keen on hearing what the Chief thought about the animation in the previous game and what they thought needed improvement (and is actually improved upon now)

I dont think Chief would want to compare the games like that or at least not be willing to criticise the previous version too much. We have to realise that his hands are pretty much tied to what he can and cannot say. He is in a professional position unlike us who can just come on here and spout want we want to say!

I dont think Chief would want to compare the games like that or at least not be willing to criticise the previous version too much. We have to realise that his hands are pretty much tied to what he can and cannot say. He is in a professional position unlike us who can just come on here and spout want we want to say!

He has already told us a few points that he disliked from previous games (http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/ashes-cricket-2013-forum/ask-chief-81575-4.html#post2384542), so I dont think it should be a problem. He is not giving out any secrets or such, he is just stating his views with respect to the previous games, which is not breaching any contract. Infact a lot of developers do mention the shortcomings in their previous games and state how they learnt from it and improved upon it.

Last edited:
He has already told us a few points that he disliked from previous games (http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/ashes-cricket-2013-forum/ask-chief-81575-4.html#post2384542), so I dont think it should be a problem. He is not giving out any secrets or such, he is just stating his views with respect to the previous games, which is not breaching any contract. Infact a lot of developers do mention the shortcomings in their previous games and state how they learnt from it and improved upon it.

My point is that he wont necessarily see the previous versions as a previous game but a totally different game developed under a different publisher. He would see this as a totally new game without any precedents........

I agree with Dutch. Chief has said his piece (comprehensively) on previous games. Lets not back him into a corner on this...

Users who are viewing this thread