Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

They could/can be working on it right up until release, pretty standard for most console games to have a big ol' Day one patch these days... PC would be slightly easier since the approvals process doesn't exist, so they could technically push that one a bit later, then simply release an online update or something...

Trickstar/Transmission have a horrible history of patches though.

The Ashes patch had to be forced out of them and was only for PC.

IC 2010 got nothing yeah? That didn't even have working multiplayer.

I can't recall anything for BLIC 2005 and 2007.

If they get it accepted by Microsoft and Sony then they will release it. They may not bother to release a patch since it probably won't affect the sales much. It will sell because there is an Ashes series at the time and it has Clarke and Cook on the cover.

Oh for sure, they don't have a great track record. But I'm just playing devils advocate...

As a kid I used to be curious why FIFA 14 was released in September, 2013 (okay probably more like FIFA 97/98 but you get the idea) **. I later realised that it was just marketing and wanting to have the game not seem dated.

Ashes 2013, even though it is being release for a series that just goes into 2014, will be out of date on title alone a mere two months after release, and that is if it releases on time.

They perhaps should have gone down the EA Cricket 2007 route with the Ashes (and Cook and Clarke if you want) on the cover but not actually call it Ashes.

Focusing on just one tournament is ridiculous IMO. FIFA do it with the World Cup because a) it's the biggest sporting tournament in the world and b) it is building upon an already fantastic game. The World Cup Game is merely a spin-off but at least a well done one.

With Ashes it feels like they're doing the spin-off before they make the proper game.

**Not as much as I was confused by watching the first Star Wars movie, numbered IV

As a kid I used to be curious why FIFA 14 was released in September, 2013 (okay probably more like FIFA 97/98 but you get the idea) **. I later realised that it was just marketing and wanting to have the game not seem dated.

Ashes 2013, even though it is being release for a series that just goes into 2014, will be out of date on title alone a mere two months after release, and that is if it releases on time.

They perhaps should have gone down the EA Cricket 2007 route with the Ashes (and Cook and Clarke if you want) on the cover but not actually call it Ashes.

Focusing on just one tournament is ridiculous IMO. FIFA do it with the World Cup because a) it's the biggest sporting tournament in the world and b) it is building upon an already fantastic game. The World Cup Game is merely a spin-off but at least a well done one.

With Ashes it feels like they're doing the spin-off before they make the proper game.

**Not as much as I was confused by watching the first Star Wars movie, numbered IV

Exactly my thoughts on the 'name' of the game. Focussing on a certain narrow Cricket series, that once stood as the greatest Cricketing contest owing to the lack of cricketing nations and which no more signifies the entire sport of Cricket since there are better cricketing nations out there and more global cricket competitions being held, isn't the way forward. There's nothing wrong with having the Ashes license involved. The naming of the game is what is wrong IMO. Not sure how many would agree on this. I did say this whole point in some other thread a long time back, and I stand by it.

Exactly my thoughts on the 'name' of the game. Focussing on a certain narrow Cricket series, that once stood as the greatest Cricketing contest owing to the lack of cricketing nations and which no more signifies the entire sport of Cricket since there are better cricketing nations out there and more global cricket competitions being held, isn't the way forward. There's nothing wrong with having the Ashes license involved. The naming of the game is what is wrong IMO. Not sure how many would agree on this. I did say this whole point in some other thread a long time back, and I stand by it.

And then taking pre-orders at top dollar in India despite the "stars of the show" being only Australian and English, with no easy way of editing things.

Ross is busy doing Mo-Cap for that at the Bourke Street. I guess MikeF should take a leaf out of his book and follow suit! :lol

Is the game now in a state that means you're really looking forward to showing it off?

If you put the game visuals on a scale of the previously released shots to what International Cricket 2010 looked like, where do they now sit in your view?

We are sitting down early next week to work through this to start building the marketing assets that 505 Games require to do their thing. I can answer this question by late next week once we have completed this evaluation.

----------

Hey Mike, when can we expect to see something now? It's almost September. Have you sent the game for platform approvals? Are you confident of releasing it in November?

As previously stated we are working on producing the marketing assets shortly and are on schedule for a November release as planned.

We are sitting down early next week to work through this to start building the marketing assets that 505 Games require to do their thing. I can answer this question by late next week once we have completed this evaluation.

----------

As previously stated we are working on producing the marketing assets shortly and are on schedule for a November release as planned.

we had heard this weeks ago as well :rolleyes

They said not til September, lets give them that time, next week is a different story.:rolleyes

Hi,
Asking Mike a question is like banging your head on wall:facepalm. The only answer that comes is we will answer next week, a week which never comes.

Yes, you can see the difference. 9 viewing AC13 threads Vs 153 viewing DBC14 threads.

Don't foresee AC13 threads becoming active in near future.

Users who are viewing this thread