BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Their Twitter is still running:

https://twitter.com/ashescricket13

...make sure to include @ashescricket13 in any negative tweets (and I like to throw in @PlanetCricket wherever possible for credit)

LegBreakGoogly

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Chief and the crew are more like the Joker now, rather than the dark knight. Right Biggs?

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
I'm on the fence with Chief. From what we know the game we've got differs only slightly from the one back in July, quite possibly it's worse... We've basically been duped and they're all culpable in some way. Including Chief.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I'm on the fence with Chief. From what we know the game we've got differs only slightly from the one back in July, quite possibly it's worse... We've basically been duped and they're all culpable in some way. Including Chief.

I would say this build won't have differed fundamentally from the game he was "showing off" in the Ashes described thread.

absolute charlatan. there, I've said it.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors

A big question mark is that game he simulated. England vs NZ? I can't see how you could ever get a realistic score from this game.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
I would say this build won't have differed fundamentally from the game he was "showing off" in the Ashes described thread.

...well, devils advocate but the game being showed off had completely different player-stat overlays. From what Matt has shown they've hidden or dropped all that stuff and replaced it with "cut-scene-to-scoreboard". So maybe back in July there was supposed to be "all that and more" in the game?

Nobody knows. I doubt we'll ever know unless
  • Barmy can get to the bottom of it
  • Someone from Trickstar/505 sacks up and shows up

I'd suggest Barmy's goodwill towards these muppets is threadbare, once he see's what we've all seen and might not want to bother at all.

But yeah, as I said... I'm on the fence. But he's not clean of this mess by his absence, lets just say that.

A big question mark is that game he simulated. England vs NZ? I can't see how you could ever get a realistic score from this game.

The scorecard I was told about (which came via another person, not Chief) looked legit, but I never saw a screenshot. It allegedly had A.Biggs top-scoring, which is why I was in the loop. Not a smoking gun by any shape of the imagination, but it did exist.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'll put it this way. No matter whom was on this game if you had shown me the build we have today back in March I would have known it was not making either Ashes let alone June, July or August - and that's with a six months better build than was available at that time.

The game should have been killed 8 weeks prior to June 21st, that's when the ship hit the iceberg with Chief and everyone on board, but the iceberg was on the horizon for a good 6 months prior.

The idea that they are still taking orders on Steam is astounding.

Last edited:

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
I had forgotten about the Stuart Broad overlay. That actually looked quite good!

Has anyone been able to see a player face up close? In the editor?

Karachi

Associate Captain
Would anyone like to say a few words?

43272662.jpg

Why mourn the Facebook page? It was the Fegan Reich's propaganda machine. It helped the Fegan Reich commit crimes against humanity (cricket video game playing humans) & genocide of the cricket video games. The closure of the FB page is the symbol of the fall of the Fegan Reich.

I pay homage to all the "likers" who revolted, unliked the page & referred it as "scam" to the FB Police. Henceforth we look high & march towards a better cricket gaming future. Viva la revoluci?n.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
It must be unprecedented for a game to release and have its facebook page taken down before the weekend is out. It's like a movie releasing on the Wednesday and the lead actor having his star ripped up off Hollywood Boulevard on the Friday...

Users who are viewing this thread